Chapter 06

I grabbed the collar of the intruder. 

" Who are you? " 

" Woah- woah easy girl " he then removed his hood

" Harris!?"

" Yep it's me" he said while smiling and holding my hands, he slowly moving them away from his collar

Harris Louneton from the Omar kingdom( I am terrible at giving names T T). He is the 8th prince and 10th in line of throne of Omar. He was originally sent as a delegate to our kingdom at the mere age of 4. To form an alliance the two kingdoms wanted to have a political marriage between the first prince of Omar and 3rd princess of our kingdom. The 1st prince however refused to get married so in the end Harris ended up being sent to our kingdom. Harris needs to marry a noblewoman from our empire. But.. no one wants to marry him because he is an illegitimate child born from a prostitute. Nobels often have this obsession to keep their blood pure. So having an illegitimate child is considered a taboo. Because of this he wasn't treated well in his own kingdom as well.

He is handsome, good at arts, literature and great at swordsmanship. He is also my childhood friend. My father introduces us when we were 4. Harris had come as a delegate but he was treated with hostility so my father took him in for a while. Later Harris ended up starting a business which started booming. Now Harris is one of the top 3 richest businessmen in our empire.

I hit his shoulder and said " How many times have I told you not to come through the window! "

" Sorry sorry, I just wanted to know if you are ok. I hear you got into an accident". He said while putting his hand behind his head as if guilty. He sat down at the railings of the balcony.

Again first Alex and now Harris. Bothe of them know about my little ' accident '. The can't know about this unless there is a rat in the mansion. Hah.. I need to replace all my maids.

" Aish.. if you are worried then maybe you could try formally meeting me instead of climbing through my window in the middle of the night." I said with my arms crossed. It felt as if I am lecturing a 3 year old.

" Hmm.. No it's more fun this way" he said while mischeviously smiling and leaning closer toward my face. The wind blew though his charcoal hair. His sapphire eyes glistened under the moonlight. His physique highlighted in the shadows. His caramel skin looked so smooth. HAH for a second there I forgot to breathe.

I flicked my finger at his forehead and said " You never learn do you"

" Ouch ouch ouch" he said while giggling and covering his forehead with both his hands.

Sometimes I really wonder how did this 26 year old child ended up managing such a huge business.

" Stop it, I want to get some sleep first Alex and now you" I groaned as I held my head which seemes to be ringing. I wan't able to think straight. I want to sleep.

Harris suddenly stopped smiling " Alex? so you went to meet him today"

" Yes, infact he came to meet me. It was so bothersome."

" He... what? he came to meet YOU? "

I get it why Harris is so surprised. Everyone knows about Alex's indifferent behaviour towards me.

" I even asked him for an annulment but he refused. "

" WHAT!?' Harris jolted from the railing. He held my shoulders. " Just what happened between you too"

Aish I explained him about today in detail. 

" What could be the reason for his sudden change in behaviour? " Harris held his chin and looked down deep in thought.

" There MUST be a reason as you said. But I just can't think of anything" I said as I slumped to the ground as the balcony railing supported my back. It was dead silent. As if it was only both of us in this world.

" Hah.." Harris sat down beside me. " Could it be that he was worried for you because of the ' accident' ? ". 

" No that can't be it. Whenever I threw tantrums before he wouldn't even bat an eye. I covered my face with my palms as I remininced those embarasing moments where I made a fool of myself just to get Alex's attention.

" So.. you don't love him anymore? "

" Yes, I have just been making a fool out of myself so far because of him"

" I see " he seemed relieved. 

" Oh! sorry I gotta go now." he said as he checked his pocket watch.

" Yes. see you later" I said as I dusted my dress as I stood up.

I went and slumped on my bed. I feel lighter after telling him everything. 

Harris POV:

It's great that Emma doesn't love him anymore.  But that fxcker still wont let her go huh?. I thought as I entered my office. 

Author POV :

" Stefard! " Harris called out as he massaged his temples.

" Yes sir? " his subordinate came rushing in as he bowed down.

" I thought I told you to keep a close watch on Alexander " 

The subordinate AKA Stefard kept his head down as he gulped. He didn't dare to look up. He felt a dangerous aura surrounding his master. Its  as if one wrong word could send his head flying.

" We are keeping an eye on Duke Alexander" Stefard said as his voice trembled with fear.

" Get out" Harris said with a sound of irritation in his voice.

Harris understood. Alexander must have killed the people he sent to spy on him. He leaned back on his chair. He had to send more people to tail him again. But it won't be easy. Alexander is not someone you can easily mess with. 

AT ALEXANDER'S MANSION:

Alex just came out of the shower wearing a red bathrobe. Drying his wet hair with a towel.              . He dropped himself at the couch in his room. It was night. The only light in his room right now was the moonlight. He stared at the ceiling as he kept his hand on his forehead.      

" Why- why is it different. Why did she change so suddenly" he  mumbled to himself.

He suddenly springed up from the couch.

" Could it be? Did she also return to the past just like I did? " he said scared of the possibility.

Yes, that could be the only reason why she asked for an annulment.

If so he knew that Emma would hate him from the core of her heart.

' Let's not jump into conclusion' he thought to himself.

This could have been the result of an butterfly effect. The fact that he travelled to the past could have altered this present somehow. 

ALXANDERS POV:

But.. even if she does remember her past life and hates me. I won't let her go. I will lock her up if I need to. I thought as I chuckled at the thought of her not being able to see anyone but me.

Authors note:

Welpp 1200 words. I mean progress rii ? .