Chapter 09

Perhaps pretending to date Harris isn't such a bad idea. If I get surrounded by rumors that I am cheating on Alexander it might as well work. Sure it will have an impact on my reputation but as long as I can leave him nothing else matters.

I'd rather tarnish my reputation than spend time with a fiance who is going to cheat on me and kill me. Alexander will leave me if I have a lover after all he is really careful about his reputation.

I want to go to the bookshop..... It's a kind of hidden bookshop. It has all the forbidden books about ancient magic and curses. I can't tell Darlene about this bookshop... . I'll just sneak out it's not a big deal. 

As I cover my head with my hood about to leave through the window I turn back. Should I take my sword? I never really needed it when I went to the bookshop since there aren't any people who know about this place. I have a feeling I am gonna need it for some reason. I shake my head erasing my thoughts. A dagger would do. I took my dagger and hid it in my boots.

At the bookstore, I felt wary for some reason. Something just seemed off. After spending about 3 hours in the bookstore I was prepared to leave. It's a shame that I cannot buy or borrow a book. Although there seems to be no owner here this place is strictly guarded by magic. As I leave I felt something behind me. Not something... someone to be exact I reach out for my dagger but before I could that person hit my vital point. This person is fast. My eyes become blurry as I loose all strength. As I am about to fall down I feel two muscular hand catch me. I could feel his broad shoulders on my back. Disgusting, I hated our skin ship it was making my skin crawl. I lose consciousness soon enough.

I slowly open my eyes my vision still a bit blurry. I was in a unfamiliar room. I.. got kidnapped?. As I am about to get up from the bed I am taken back I look back to see chains. My hand were bound by chains.

I reach for the dagger in my boots only to find it missing. I look around there was nothing I could use. I obviously can't break metal. These chains seemed to be very good quality. Wait a minute.. I look closely on the chains there was magic enchantment on them. Damn it I know who is behind all of this.

" Wah! You are awake? how are you feeling?"

"Noah," I said without turning back of course it was him. It seemed weird that I didn't see him at the temple.

Noah Montalvo a high-ranking priest. Also my stalker from my previous life. I was blinded by my love for Alexander to notice him. Noah used to send me all kinds of gifts in my previous life. He knew about all my preferences. He often tried to make me and Alexander break up. The day I became empress... he hung himself.

Sure he might have stalked me but he never did something as extreme as kidnapping me. I have definetly messed up the timeline. 

" Hey, these chains hurt right? Don't worry they are only temporary I have ordered my people to build a room just for you."

" A room for me?" What does he mean? Is he going to imprison me in that room or something?

" It will have everything you need. But except for window and a balcony, I know everyone needs some fresh air but I simply cannot allow that."

Hah, he is talking to himself. I stare at him. Long silky silver hair reaching below his waist. Broad stature. Very tall for a priest. Sharp features. His looks are on par with Alexander's. It's a pity he killed himself.

" Hey, let me go" I barely have any energy to fight right now. Did he inject drugs on me?

" You know that's not possible right? My goddess, I can't let you go." He said as he sat on the floor near my foot while I sat on the bed.

Right Goddess, for some reason he saw me as a goddess. The priest people are pretty obsessed with THE goddess. But why would he call me his goddess?

" How long do you plan on keeping me here?" I said as I started to get frustrated with being held against my will.

" For a long time" he said grinning as he slowly got up at left the room.

What the heck was that? It feels awkward since I don't even know him that well. I barely paid attention to him in my previous life too. Why is he so obsessed with me? He keeps on calling me 'His goddess'. This is getting so weird. I need to escape before THAT room is ready because once I am there it will be next to impossible to escape it. I hear footsteps. He is back with a food tray. He smiles and sits next to me and places the food tray between us.

" You must be hungry you haven't eaten for a long time"

" I do not want to eat" the audacity of this man of kidnapping me and then showing concern for me.

" You better eat or else you will grow weaker" He said as his eyes showed concern.

I remained silent. I didn't even look at him. I knew he wanted my attention and I am not going to give it to him that easily.

" If you are so stubborn I guess I have no choice" he sighs

" I know you must be feeling uncomfortable with me I will leave the room for a while and when I am back I hope you would have finished your food"

Thank god, at least he is not the pushy types. If it was anyone else they would have forced me to eat it or hit me. I stare at the food tray. The plate is made of glass... I reach out to the plate and dump the food on the food tray. I wrap the plate around a blanket and hit it at the edge of the bed. Its a good thing that the plate didn't make any noise after breaking. I unfold the blanket and look for a good piece.   There it is. I pick up a glass shard and carefully examine it. One side is blunt and the other is sharp it was the perfect size to hide in my hand.

I take the food tray and hide it under the bed so that Noah won't get suspicious if the plate is missing. Now all I have to do is wait. After about 10 minutes he entered. He seems eager.

" Did you eat well?"

Does he really expect me to eat it all under 10 minutes?.

" What's wrong? was the food not to your liking?" He walked towards me.

This is my chance. I pull him towards me pointing the glass shard I had been hiding in my hand all along at his neck.
The chains were short so I had to pull him closer to the bed. We were very close.

I scan him, thoroughly. I knew it he has the keys. I snatched his necklace. I placed the pendant in the gap and as expected it opened. Now I just have to deal with him. I couldn't knock him out earlier because of the chains. I push him away from me so that I can remove the chains properly.

" Well that hurt"

I look at him. He was caressing his jaw. He must have fallen face first on the ground. He slowly gets up and look at me.

What is he going to do? Will he get mad? Will he kill me? Or will he just let it slide?.