Chapter 04

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi, sorry for the hiatus. I couldn't update for a while because of my finals T T. My finals have finally ended so I will be updating regularly :).  Once again sorry for making you guys wait.

Ahhh It's morning already. I don't want to meet him. I hate him for what he did to the original Emma. But this is a good opportunity also, I can discuss the annulment of our engagement with him. I can end this once and for all. Although according to the story, he has not met his subordinate yet I am sure he would agree to the annulment. If it works I will be able to avoid my death also I hope. 

Before I knew it I was standing in front of the door, I knew Alexander was waiting for me inside. Agh I can't stand the mere thought of meeting him. I took a deep breath and opened the door. There he was Alexander Wrightman my fiance and also my death flag. I hate to admit it but he was handsome and I mean VERY handsome. Golden hair give of refreshing vibes and eyes like sapphire. However I don't feel the tiniest sense of attraction towards him because I know what this bastard will do in the future.

"Lady Emma, It's a pleasure to meet you"

...

"Ah! Yes, It's a pleasure to meet you to your grace". I said while sitting down

"I heard you recently had a little accident. I hope you are feeling fine now".

What? this is strange Alexander seems genuinely worried?. What on earth... isn't he supposed to be indifferent towards me?. Well this is uncomfortable.

" Yes your Grace, as you can see I have recovered from my health. Thank you for worrying about me.". 

He had a slight frown on his face. " You aren't calling me by my name. By any chance have I caused you any inconvenience?.

" No, you haven't caused me any inconvenience". Damn I didn't expect him to care about such little details.

" Then call my name"

" What?"

" Call me by my name if you aren't mad at me"

".... Alexander"

" The name you used  to call me by"

" huh?"

" Call me Alex like you used to"

Jeez why is this guy so stubborn? " Alex....."

" Good" he said while leaning behind his chair with a satisfied smirk.

Hah! is this bastard proud or something?. What's the big deal? why is he so persistent on me calling him by his name?. I can't handle this anymore. I have to bring up the annulment topic.

" Hahh.... Alexander"

" Call me Alex"

This bastard really knows hot to get on my nerves. " Okay fine Alex you know that our engagement is arranged by our parents right?.

" Yes.. what are you implying?" 

" Ok fine, I will get straight to the point. Alex I want to annul our engagement."

*Crashh  the teacup in Alex's hand just broke

" Alex! Are you all right?" I rushed to him and held his hand. It was bleeding. 

" Hold on let me call the servants" I said while turning around.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. " What.... did you say"

" What?"

" I said what did you just say just now" He said while gritting his teeth.

" That.. I want to annul our engagement?"

" Hahhhh why so suddenly ?"

" I.. don't want a loveless marriage. You know about my aunt, how she suffers because of her husband's extramarital affairs. I don't want to end up like that."   That was the only excuse I could come up with. Wow Emma's memories come naturally to me.

" Do you really think I would be an unfaithful husband?" He said. He looked hurt. If I didn't know the plot of the novel I would have felt guilty. Buy I know, you will use me and throw me away.

" No.. Uh I believe that there is no affection between us."

" Emma... I don't know why you suddenly want an annulment but I assure you I love you and only you. I would never dare to love someone else. I won't accept an annulment."

A knight suddenly barged in " My lord! pardon my intrusion but it's urgent."

He rushed towards Alex and whispered something into Alex's ear. Alex looked displeased. He smiled and said " Well Emma something has come up. I am afraid our meting has to be cut short. We can continue this conversation later." and left.

Hah! why isn't he agreeing to annul the marriage. Why is he caring about me all of a sudden?. Ahhh.. this is so frustrating. Wait could it be? Emma played an important to make Alexander the emperor. Could it be that he has already planned on using me?. That must be it he wont annul the engagement because he plans in using me. Well this is inconvenient. How am I supposed to get away from him now?.