CHAPTER 4

To say that " the atmosphere at Hogwarts was intense" would be an understatement.

Sirius was still in his Animagus form, sitting close to Harry's bed stand. He had just returned from Dumbledore's office.

There wasnt much he could do for the order. He was still a wanted criminal.
However, he had just offered his childhood home"12 Grimmauld's place" as the head quarters for the order.

Apart from that, he wanted to lessen Harry's grief but apparently there was nothing much he could do.

Madam Pomfery eyed him with distaste as he trotted closer to Harry's bedstand.

He watched as Dumbledore re-entered the room.

"Molly ... am I right in thinking that I can count on you and Arthur?",he asked

"Of course you can," Mrs. Weasley said. She was white to the lips but she looked determined."We know what Fudge is. It's Arthur's fondness for Muggles that has held him back at the Ministry all these years. Fudge thinks he lacks proper wizarding pride."

"Then I need to send a message to Arthur," Dumbledore said. "All those that we can persuade of the truth must be notified immediately, and he is well placed to contact those at the Ministry who are not as shortsighted as Cornelius."

"I'll go to Dad," Bill said, standing up. "I'll go now."

"Excellent," Dumbledore said. "Tell him what has happened. Tell him I will be in direct contact with him soon. He will need to be discreet, however. If Fudge things I am interfering at the Ministry -"

"Leave it to me," Bill nodded

He clapped Harry on the shoulder, kissed Mrs. Weasley on the cheek, pulled on his cloak, and quickly walked out of the room.

"Minerva," Dumbledore continued, turning to face Professor McGonagall, "I want to see Hagrid in my office as soon as possible. Also - if she will consent to come - Madame Maxime."

Professor McGonagall nodded and left without saying a word.

"Poppy," Dumbledore said to Madam Pomfrey, "would you be very kind and go down to Professor Moody's office, where I think you will find a house-elf named Winky in considerable distress? Do what you can for her and take her back to the kitchens. I think Dobby will look after her for us."

"Very - very well," Madam Pomfrey answered looking surprised, and she too left.

Dumbledore made sure that the door was closed, and that Madam Pomfrey's footsteps had died away before he spoke again.

"And now," he says, "it is time for two of your number to recognize each other for what they are. Sirius ... if you could resume your usual form."

The large black dog looked up at Dumbledore, then in an instant, turned back into a man.

Mrs. Weasley screamed and leaped back from the bed.
"Sirius Black!" she screamed, pointing at him.

"Mum, shut up!" Ron calls. "It's okay!"

Snape hadn't yelled or jumped backward but the look on his face was one of fury and horror.

"Him!" he snarled, staring at Sirius whose face showed equal dislike. "What is he doing here?",Snape questioned

"He is here at my invitation," Dumbledore said, looking between them, "as you are, Severus. I trust you both. It's time for you to lay aside your old differences and trust each other."

Dumbledore was asking for something close to a miracle. Sirius and Snape were eyeing with the utmost loathing.

"I will settle, in the short term," Dumbledore continued with a hint of impatience in his voice, "for a lack of open hostility. You will shake hands. You are on the same side now. Time is short, and unless the few of us who know the truth don't stand united, there is no hope for any of us."
Very slowly, still glaring at each other as if each wished the other nothing but ill, Sirius and Snape moved towards each other and shook hands. They let go in the blink of an eye.

||PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ;)||☆