02

T/W: Physical abuse and substance abuse

"Orphic; (adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding."

B R I E L L A

¸.•'*¨'*• •*'¨*'•.¸

I met pure evil at a young age.

I was a child, and this evil came in the form of my father.

He was the one who broke me.

Not the girls at school. Not mom leaving me.

Him.

He was the man I was supposed to trust with my life. When I had a problem I was supposed to go to him and ask for his help.

But what do you do,when you can't tell the man whos supposed to protect you, he is the problem?.

At age eight you are supposed to fear things like spiders, the monster under your bed, The snobby teachers who hated you for no reason.

At age eight my biggest fear was him. I would come home and run to my room trying to avoid the man passed out on the couch. I couldn't escape him.

I still can't.

✧༺♥༻∞

The bell chimes in the bakery and I make my way through the front door. The warmth of the bakery hits my tense body and the cold autumn air escapes my skin. The sweet smell of baked pastries and hot coffee fill the room.

"Good morning Briella" Eddie spoke. Thin grey hair hung on his forehead. His limp body making his way over to my stance.

"Good morning Eddie." He patted my head and handed me my apron. Eddie was in his late 70s. He works at the bakery everyday. Although he is a nice man, Eddie will do anything for the  things he loves.

He loves a few things.

Me, Oatmeal cookies, Game shows, Bingo, and Darla.

Darla was Eddie's wife. He loved her with everything in him.

He would tell me how they danced under the moonlight, sing songs near the beach, and bake all different types of cookies together.

Darla passed away 12 years ago.

Eddie always told me I reminded him of her.

He said she liked to bake, she was the kindest of humans, and "wouldn't put that damn journal down".

She had the idea of the bakery, and she owned it for a bit too. But when she passed away it was given to Eddie. Eddie told me he had no baking experience at all,but he couldn't stomach putting the bakery to a close.

Darla couldn't have children. But Eddie always said it was never a problem.

He loved her, and that's all that matters.

Usually the shop opens at 7, just in time for people to stop by for some breakfast and a quick coffee.

I look over at the clock hung above the door frame.

Six forty six

Many people say they despise waking up early or before eight o'clock.

Don't get me wrong, waking up early is rough. But on the weekends, I am ecstatic.