Chapter one

Shit, shit, shitttt

Shit, shit, shitttt.

You're probably wondering why I'm freaking out. Well, it's because I'm late to work... again.
My boss will definitely kill me..

But on the bright side... actually nah, there isn't a bright side in this situation.

Right now I'm dressing up as fast as I can, not only because I'm late, also because I don't wanna get shouted at, which I know already that I am.

Once I'm finished I go downstairs already seeing my mum on the couch. I kiss her on the cheek 'gotta go mãe' I put my converse on and sprint out of the house.

I run through the busy streets of New York. After about 6 minutes I arrive at the kindergarten I work at. Shocking right? No, just me? Okay.

Anyways, as I get to my class I see my furious looking boss looking straight at me.

"Where were you Camila? You know we need more teachers this season!" Mark, my boss yells.
"I know, I'm sorry" I apologise to him.
"Get back to work before I fire you!" He tells me.

I walk into my class with shame all over my face, oh well who cares what he thinks? As I get to my desk I see children playing around. To be more specific I teach kids around 2-4. In my class there are 9 children all aged 2-4.

As I look through the papers that are on my desk I spot a paper that says that I must have a new student. Her name is Lucia Rossi and she is 3, she comes from a rich family, but that's not what I care about. I look at her photo. She's absolutely gorgeous for her age. Seriously, bright grey eyes with a dark brown coloured hair.

As I keep looking at her picture I hear a knock at my door. I look towards it and see a well dressed man with a little girl in his hands. That must be Lucia. I walk towards the door and open it.

"You must be Lucia, right?" I say to the little girl in - I assume her - fathers hands.

"Yes" she mumbles, I can't help but smile at her adorable figure.
"You must be her father. Pleasure to meet you" I say, he hands her to me as he speaks.
"You too" he says coldly
"You can come pick her up at around 5"
Once again he says coldly "sounds good"

"Bye tesoro" he says as he leans in to kiss his daughter on the forehead.
Her eyes lit up "Bye daddy" she replies with excitement.

As I take her inside, I hear a low chuckle behind me.

Few hours pass

It's around 2:34pm

Lucia is blending in with all of the kids. It looks like she's having fun I hope. It's been a few hours since her father showed up. I'm not going to lie, she looks just like him. She got his grey eyes except his are darker and their hair definitely match.

"Alright so what do you guys wanna do?" I question the kids. They shrug
"Hmm, how about we vote? How does that sound?" They repeatedly nod
"Okay... who wants to get out the colouring books?" Jack, Mia and Anderson Raise their hands. I go to my desk and get three colouring books. I then go back to Mia, Jack and Anderson and give them their colouring books "here" I say as I smile at them.

I stand up and ask again " Who wants to play with the Lego blocks?" This time Noah, Elijah, Lucas and James raise their hands. I get them Lego blocks and put them in-front if them.

By now it's 3:25pm.

"Who wants to play with dolls?" I ask one more time. But this time just Charlotte and Emma raise their hands. I get them some Barbie dolls to let them play, but I see Lucia standing in front of some books. I go up to her and ask "do you want to read one?"

She replies "yes please, but I don't know how to read." She mumbles the last part, I chuckle
"Do you want me to read it for you?" I ask
"Yess" she says with excitement, I smile

"Okay then, pick a book and come here" I say as I walk toward the "the reading corner".
She picks up a book and comes running towards me. God she's such a beautiful child.

She gives me 'rapunzel' I pick her up and put her in my lap. I started reading the book slowly, and showed her the pictures. As I continue reading I look at the other kids and see them playing or colouring with what they have chosen. I get my phone out of my pocket and see that I have been reading for about 35 minutes.

As I keep reading for about another 20 minutes I started hearing parents coming to pick up their child, one by one. I look at the time on my phone and it's 4:37pm. Now it's just me and Lucia. I keep reading the book that she had picked up for another 15 minutes to see Lucia fast asleep in my arms. Truly she looks beautiful. I put the book down and walk around the room with her in my arms. Fixing around some paper on my desk.

5 minutes pass and I hear the door slowly open. It's her dad, I still haven't got his name. He looks at me then looking down at his daughter in my arms. I get up to hand her to him. He slowly picks her up from my hands.

He then looks up at me and whispers "she's not that easy to handle you know"
"Wasn't that hard" I whisper back
"She also did this" I say as I pick up one of her drawings. It's her and her dad. It's pretty cute.

"Thank you" he finally says
"Not a problem" you reply looking straight into his beautiful grey eyes.

"We're gonna go now, have a good night Miss..." he says but curiosity flooding his voice "Santos" I finish for him
"Have a great night, Mr..." I question
"Rossi, Matteo Rossi" he added as he walks outside with his sleeping daughter in his hands.

Cute. I thought to myself as I lock the classroom.

__________________

Word count: 1063

Hey lovesss,
My first chapter, a long one may I add

Anyway, THOUGHTS??

~ A