XV

// 𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒜𝑔𝑜 //

// 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 //

Dream sat up in bed with a sigh. He looked out the window at the trees shaking with the wind outside. A nice storm was passing through, and up until this moment, he had just been lying in bed, listening to the rain patter against the window and roof.

He looked at his phone. 10:14 the home screen read. His screen was filled with notifications; Emily Larson and 10,562 others liked your video. LIGMA_0123 and 1,328 others commented on your video. You gained 549 followers! Congrats!

Right now was right around the time his videos were beginning to blow up. Dream was rather surprised by the sheer amount of subscribers he gained in the past week. Nearly 50k people had subscribed to him on youtube in the past 7 days.

Surprised wasn't the right word.

Shocked suited him better.

He would've never thought in a million years that he would be here right now, millions of subscribers under his belt and far too many people knowing his name. He was practically famous. And all he did was sit in his room and play Minecraft.

Dream held his phone up to his eyes as it began to buzz with an incoming call. He read his girlfriend's name at the top. Sam ♥︎

He answered after a moment, wondering what she was calling about. Usually she didn't call unless it was something important.

"Sam?" He greeted, voice deep and dreary.

"Hey, Clay," she said. She sounded tired, as if she had just woken up. "There's been a slight change of plans," she began with a yawn.

"Hm, what's up?" Dream asked. "Is everything good?"

"Well, I'm not going to be able to come over later today. Something came up with my... family... and I won't be able to make it," she explained, though her voice was void of remorse. "Sorry."

Dream frowned. "I'm sorry to hear that," he apologized. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked inquisitively, yet gently. He didn't want to anger her, but also wanted to know what was going on.

"I can't really explain," she said slowly, as if thinking, "but it's something with my brother. I need to take care of him today."

"Okay," Dream said understandingly. "I mean, yeah, that's cool. Do you want me to come over and help out with anything?" He asked.

"No, that won't be necessary," she replied a little too quickly to sound genuine. Dream frowned again; but this time for a different reason.

"Is he sick or something? Did he catch a bout of that new virus that everyone's talking about?" Dream questioned, trying not to sound like he was suspicious.

She had pulled something like this before. Instead of being at work; like she said she had been; she was out with a bunch of guys from school, partying and drinking. Dream was forced to come pick her up because she was too drunk to get a cab.

"Yeah, he's sick," she replied. "Now could you stop grilling me and just believe me for once?" She demanded, voice rising with sudden anger. "He's really sick, and you don't even care," she snarled.