S2.Chapter 10 : Back at Fairmont

Na Ae Gyo was feeling warm and comfortable. Actually she was having a peaceful dream for the first time in ages.

In that dream she was back at Fairmont Hotel. Everything was soft colored and blurry, hinting that she was maybe dreaming. She sat on the bed and stood up.

She slowly approached a mirror in the bedroom and caught eyes with her reflection.

She was actually herself, with her soft brown hair caressing her back and bangs covering her forehead. She was wearing the same black satin night-gown that she had on the aftermath of their last night together. Now it was definitely a dream.

She got out of the bedroom, someone was facing the windows, his back turned to her. The man was wearing an orange robe. His hair had gotten significantly darker but she recognized him immediately by the way he was standing and his broad shoulders.

He sighs painfully "I'm sorry Su-Ryeon-ssi...I was too late." Before turning back slowly to face her.

But Logan wasn't really looking at her. He walks toward her, but she is unable to move . She tries to grab his hand to stop him but she goes right through it,as she was a mere ghost.

"Logan...I'm right here, can't you see me ?" she manages to say before waking up suddenly.

Why did she dream about that just now ? She opens her eyes slowly, her mind foggy.

Where is she ? She wonders, staring at the ceiling above her. Last time she was aware she was at that shooting range with Dan Tae and they were fighting. Then she got hit on the head... Then next thing she knew Dan Tae was above her, choking her.

The rest is kind of blurry. She had the impression someone was carrying her but she was fighting against losing consciousness at this point so she wasn't sure. She rises up before flashing her eyes open, perfectly awake.

Ae-Gyo is laying on a bed, and she understands where she is instantly. It can't be...Why was she here, back at Fairmont Hotel ?

She gets out of the bedroom. And her heart skips a beat. Logan was sitting in the living room, reading a newspaper, his back turned to her.

Was it Logan who came to rescue her earlier ? Ae-Gyo wishes she could just run to him and tell him the truth right now. But she can't

She doesn't want him to get involved. Last time someone cared it ended in tragedy.

"Why did you come ? How did you even find me back there, Logan ? Don't get close to me...I tried so hard...to not run to you right away...you need to stay away from me...you don't leave me any choice" she thinks with regret as she starts walking toward him.

"Are you awake now, Na Ae Gyo ?" he asks, not bothering to raise his eyes to look at her. "You...Who are you ? Where are we ?" she inquires. I saved your life back there...shouldn't you be more grateful ? I guess you only "look like Su-Ryeon" he answers back.

She knows his attitude isn't directed toward her. But she is hurt nonetheless, he sounds so cold. She grabs him violently by the collar, making him stand up.

"You ! I asked you a question, where are we ? and who are you ?"

He answers calmly, looking straight at her. "Don't you remember me ? I'm Logan Lee. We met 7 months ago. I brought you here after you fainted earlier"

"Logan Lee ? That guy from the bar huh ? What even gave you the audacity to bring me to that weird place ? Piss off already" she says, pushing him away. Ae Gyo has to get out quickly, staying longer with him, especially in that place isn't good for her.