Chapter Eight

I unshift as I enter the pack territory, marching upwards towards Mason's office.

I slam the door shut, and he jumps out of fear.

He's seen what I'm capable of, and he should be scared.

"What brings you here?"

I take a seat in the chair facing him. "Mason," I whisper, as I quietly sit in his office. Rogues are going to attack tonight "The rogues are an issue. They are a threat. They are attacking soon." I slam my hand on his desk, making it wobble, the grey desk needs to be replaced. My fist throbs from the pain, but it doesn't hurt. The thing is older than my grandmother for Pete's sake.

The woman is ninety five and still going strong.

"They are, but killing them?" He kicks his feet up on the desk, stopping the wobbling.

"Only way. The law is harsh but it is the law." I begin biting my nails, spitting them out on the floor; a bad habit I've had since I was a kid, long before my parents died.

Mason opens his mouth, but Chase, his redheaded Beta, rushes in. "Alpha. Rogues have entered the territory. It's not looking good."

"We fight then." Mason says, running downstairs, shifting into his red wolf right as he jumps out the door.

I want to run my fingers though that fur- no Jessica, stop thinking that.

"Come on, you know you want him."

"Adri, shut up."

Mason looks at me like 'what are you waiting for? Come on!'

I think of my black wolf with my blue eyes, and I'm on four feet, fur and canines.

"We are fighting together. That's a command."

I bow my head in submission, attacking the rogue aimed at Mason.

I nip at his throat, tearing it out. "Atta girl!" Chase chides, taking another one down, nipping at the throat, tearing it out.

Someone likes my technique.

It's very simple.

Honestly, I don't have time to play games. People need to learn that I'm very important, more so than you.

Sorry, but it's true.

I launch myself at another rusty brown wolf, taking the ankle out first, the wolf rolling in the dirt. I run over to it, clawing at his heart.

He stops struggling immediately.

Another wolf is seen in the distance.

"Alpha! In the woods, follow me! I knew they wouldn't have been able to do this without a alpha!" I run to the forest, mixing my scent up, confusing the alpha.

Mason jumps him, Chase and I nip at him, commanding him to shift.

The Alpha bows its head in submission, shifting into a female. Odd, not a lot of alphas are female, much less a Rouge Alpha.

I shift back too, to show I'm a girl too.

"Why?" I ask, gently, as Chase and Mason shift back as well, but I shoot them a look to not say anything. I tip her chin up, to look me directly into my steely eyes.

"Because." She spits on the earthy ground, blood in her spit.

"Call them off." I growl.

"I must shift back." She looks bored, waiting for my answer.