Chapter Five

"That was a workout." Ajax wipes the sweat off his face, finishing the last day of training the kiddos.

Now I've got to deal with teenagers with ugly personalities. Fun, and most hate me.

"Are you kidding me? That was easy. Now excuse me, I got to talk to someone." I take a sip of my water bottle, offering it to the other two, who decline it.

"Dinner is at six. Behave until then."

"Yes siree." I salute him, splitting left, where Alex and James's home is.

I'd know her scent anywhere, and her scent hits me full on. "Hey!" I shout, slamming the door open.

"Who is this?" James asks, from the couch, where I can't see him.

"An angry person." I grab the vase that is on the countertop.

"What do you want?"

"I want to talk."

"Living room." He announces, bored.

"So," I pull my knife out, his eyes widening when he realizes that it's silver. "You cheat on Alex, no?"

"I did." He takes a sip of his liquor, looking at me with miserable eyes.

"Why? When you knew she'd find out? And who?" I sit on the chair.

"She.. Seduced me. Casey Jones."

Casey Jones, the school slut. Makes sense.

"Really?"

"Yes.. It's not a choice I like. I miss her. I want her body against mine."

"Okay, why don't you make it up to her?"

I put my switchblade back in my pocket.

"Don't you know?"

"Know what?"

"She's dead. Killed herself." He takes a long, hard shot.

I clutch the vase so hard; the neck shatters and cracks in my hands, the bottom falling to the floor. I swear softly under my breath. "Give me that." I pull the bottle away from him, draining the last bit of liquor.

He shrugs, going to the kitchen to get another drink. "You have a drinking problem." He states.

"I.. I was fourteen when they died. You remember me then. I shut down; completely. For a year and a half, not one person knew where I was. What no one knew was really I was in a insane asylum; getting treated for alcohol dependence. Alpha didn't even know,"

I sigh, letting the nerve racking pain shudder though me. "I'd better go." I pick myself up, wiping the tears away. No one needs to see me weak like this.

James nods his head, taking another shot.

I clean the tears up, walking into Ajax's room.

"Jessica. What's wrong?" He looks at me with steel cold eyes.

"She's dead! Dead! I need a break."

"Who's dead?"

"Don't you understand?" I shout, angry, angry. Anger bubbles up inside me.

"No! I don't!"

"Alex. She's dead. She killed herself." I say, flatly, the anger suddenly leaving as soon as it came.

"You have the next month and a half off."

He places his hands on my shoulders, then pulls me into a bear hug.