тєℓєνιѕιση ιηтєяνιєω

Red Table Talk

"I'm envious of any family dynamics including yours; growing up, I was that kid whose parents divorced, and they didn't even fight over her, so I was left behind to be raised by my grandparents; who did their best to fill the void that my parents left," I said.

"How did you deal with your parents not being in your life?" Adrienne asked.

"Yeah, how did it affect you?" Jada asked.

"Honestly, I didn't deal with it adequately; I had the worst temper in my career, and grandparents are what saved me from going down a wrong path," I answered.

"Wow, how?" Willow asked.

"It affected me badly; I always acted out to get attention, but my label and grandparents were firm with me like we understand, but you will not do this to yourself," I explained.

"Honestly, I couldn't imagine walking away from my children, and I understand why you would behave in such a manner," Jada said.

"Exactly," Willow said.

"Now, I've heard your parents, and I guess your half-siblings are coming out and speaking to the media to get your attention, and honestly, I feel like they have no right to try and enter your life after all these years," Adrienne said.

I nod my head.

"I know it's for the money and fame," I said.

"But is there a little hope that it may be genuine?" Jada asked me.

I shook my head no.

"Nope, not at all," I answered.

"You seem pretty confident in not reuniting with them," Willow said.

"Because I have moved on with them; I have nothing to say, nor do I feel the urge to be around them. I think they should remain out of my life; it's what is best for everyone," I said.

"I say do what's best for you," Jada said.

"True," Adrienne said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Mom, why are you crying?" Jada asked her mother.

"I'm crying because I see this beautiful young girl in front of me, and I know she's trying to be strong, but she's been hurt so badly by the people who were supposed to love her unconditionally, and I'm so upset for her," Adrienne explained.

I teared up.

"You've been strong for way too long, and you need to let it out," Jada said.

"I just don't like how they think they can come and open up this wound that I thought I had healed and make it seems like I'm supposed to accept them," I said as Willow handed me a tissue.

"Here you go," Willow said.

"Thanks," I said as I wiped my tears.

Jada shakes her head.

"You will get through this; know you hold power to control your life, not them," Jada said.

"So true," Willow said.