The Picture

(Author's note)

Ok, so this next short is what I was thinking at first for the scene where Roquefort discovers Mayflower. I'm honestly glad I didn't do this one because I think it was just better to leave it out. Anyway enjoy!

-------

 Almond tossed on his coat and kissed Walnut on her forehead as a goodbye. He looked at Roquefort who was relaxing on the couch and sighed. If only Walnuts regular babysitter hadn't called in sick. He patted his pockets, making sure he had everything but froze. His badge!

"Shoot i forgot my badge." He said and started to take off his shoes so he could cross the wooden floor without tracking dirt.

"Keep your shoes on, Almond, I'll grab it. Where is it?" Roquefort said as he jumped up from the couch.

"In my room, on my dresser, and please don't get distracted." Almond was already a few minutes late.

Roquefort saluted him and headed up the stairs. He heard the long drawn out sigh that came from Almond as he walked up the stairs. Making his way down the hallway, he finally saw Almonds room.

He walked in and the neatness of it all was enough to make him stumble back a step.

"Alright Roquefort, time to focus." He said and looked around the room. He spotted the dresser and finally saw the badge. He picked it up but accidentally dropped it. Something fell out and onto the ground.

"Oops." He said and picked it up. It was Almonds picture and man did he look grumpy. Roquefort opened the badge to put it back, but where the picture would go, there was already one.

The picture was of a female cookie who stood in front of a fireplace. Her long straight hair draped over her shoulders and her smile was beautiful.

"And who would this be?" Roquefort asked himself.

Almond tapped his feet impatiently as he waited for Roquefort. 

"Oh forget it. I should've just grabbed it myself anyways." He said and took off his shoes before rushing up the stairs to his room. 

When he got there he wasn't too happy with Roquefort looking at his badge. He swiped it out of his hands but his face softened as he saw someone that meant much to him. He sighed and flipped it shut once more.

"What were you doing looking at this?" He asked quietly, his eyebrows narrowed.

"Your picture fell out and I saw that.... Who is she?" 

"That's none of your business. Give me back my picture." Almond said angrily without yelling.

Roquefort was tempted to just keep the picture hostage in order to get a better answer but Almond was already very angry. He didn't need to push the line too much so he handed back the picture.

"I'd prefer you wouldn't go rooting through my stuff and if you do, I will know." Almond said almost like it was a threat. He left without another remark, leaving Roquefort alone in his room.

----

Welp there ya have it, sorry this ones a little bit short.

Anyway, see ya next chapter.