shutdown

they found someone for him. connor's thoughts ran wild once more as he reached his house. was it a human? an android? what was their name? what were they like?

questions like this continued to swarm his head, even as he lays down for the night. were they going to be like hank? no, no one will ever be like him. but it didn't stop him from wondering. would they be stand-offish like he was at first? would they be uninterested? would they be older like hank? he didn't know of anyone as old as hank in the police department. connor laughed at the thought.

arriving at the police department has never been more nerve-racking. his mind had calmed down since last night, but he knew he was about to meet his new partner. a replacement. the word kept ringing in his head. they're a replacement.

he didn't bother going to his desk. instead, he walked right towards fowler's office. his hand froze as he reached for the handle. but, to his luck, fowler was quick to open the door.

"connor," he said, voice light, "come right in."

connor nodded, and walked into the office. fowler offered a seat, but he denied with a small shake of his head. he looked around the room, until his eyes landed on a taller man standing next to fowler's desk. the man was wearing all black, with sunglasses and an expensive looking tie.

fowler noticed connor's eyes on the man, and began talking.

"mr. kamski, do you mind introducing yourself?" connor's eyes widened in surprise at the name, his mouth opened just a bit.

"hello again, connor. nice to see you," he said, stepping forward, "I guess you really are a deviant, huh?"

"I am," he answered immediately, confident, "I always have been..."

elijah nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. when connor refused to shoot chloe, he knew it was just a matter of time before he realized his deviancy.

"I bet you're wondering why i'm here, so I might as well tell you," he examined connor's expression as he nodded, "you see, finding an android for you was... an experience, to say the least."

connor nodded, feeling as though it was the only thing he could do. so they did get him an android. fun. he wondered why or how, but he assumed that his questions would soon be answered.

"androids don't like working in this line anymore, and humans aren't very willing either," he said, pacing in front of the android. "however, we had one we thought would be rather... perfect, for this job. the rough parts, at least."

"to put it quick and simple, we got you an ex-sex android." fowler said from behind kamski, sitting at his desk where he usually was.

"he's nice, isn't he?" elijah's comment was quick and directed at connor. connor didn't do anything. "but he's right. we got you one that was rather troubled... but strong."

as kamski spoke, connor barely noticed the door begin to open. elijah had his arms open, motioning for whoever was in the doorway to come closer to him. and when he did, connor saw what he thought was the most beautiful android to ever exist.

he was just about an inch or two shorter than connor, with jet black hair and curtain bangs, and beautiful blue eyes. he noticed the outfit he was wearing, the number reading 'RK900'. however, the outfit wasn't what he'd seen before. it was nearly the same, with the same coloring and everything, but the jacket the android was wearing flowed down his back like a cape.

"this... was who you'd replace me with?" connor pointed at the android as it stared motionless at him. kamski laughed, shaking his head.

"no, don't worry. this is a model from before the android revolution. he... wasn't the most docile, and attacked a worker at the eden club." connor listened to his explanation intently.