Chapter 16

I picked up my shirt and tugged it on while Levi found a towel to wipe off the sweat that still shone on his skin. I used my shirt to wipe off the sweat that had transferred from his chest to mine during our little session. I looked out the window as Levi changed out of his sports shorts and into the nice casual outfit he had on before. Levi's arms slipped around my waist as he hugged me from behind and kissed my hair. 'We should probably go back downstairs,' he murmured into the back of my head. I nodded but didn't move, neither did he. We stayed like that for a few minutes before we actually thought of leaving the gym.

 I trailed behind Levi down the stairs to the computer room where everyone was trying hard not to look at us as we entered. I noticed all the knowing smiles that passed between them all and I ducked my face to avoid them. I sat in a seat beside Scarlett who was tapping away at a map of Sydney. Levi sat down beside Jake and David who clapped him on the back and asked as loud as they possibly could. 'What's the plan for tonight?'

I buried my face in my hands in embarrassment. Scarlett put a comforting arm around my shoulders and whispered, 'They're just jealous cos' they're the only single ones here, even tiny tots over there has a wife.'

I giggled as she pointed to the man that Levi had argued with over me and the tracker mishap. 'What's the bet she's extremely tall. Imagine that,' I mused and we burst into loud laughter. I struggled to breathe and my tummy hurt from all the laughing. I eventually regained myself and couldn't help the smile that remained plastered on my face. 'Where's Theodore now?' I asked, his red dot seemed to be everywhere at once. Scarlett scrunched her nose at the flickering dot. 'He enters the CBD and all of a sudden his tracker doesn't follow him but appears in a new place every second.'

'Obviously, X's base is there, right? Why else would the tracker never follow him there?'

'That's what we thought but the problem is the CBD is big, their base could be anywhere in there. It could be under a store, above it, separated into small bases that specialise in different fields, we know nothing that could help us find them.'

'Except that it's in the CBD,' I sighed. Suddenly a thought came to me. 'Scarlett.'

She looked up from the computer and waited for me to go on. 'Is there a pattern that the tracker follows once Theodore enters the CBD?'

She pursed her lips in deep thought then said, 'You know what, that's not a bad idea. There isn't one that I've noticed but I could run a program that will record the tracker's appearances and once it matches a sequence it'll tell us.' She tapped away for a few minutes until a file began downloading. 'It could take a while, so any other ideas?'

'They would have to code whatever is making the tracker appear all over Sydney, right?'

'They would. And?' She spun around and clicked on the map again so that it showed only the CBD in a bold outline.

'I don't know much about computers or anything but could you trace the coding back to the location it was created at?'

'Depends on how well they hid their tracks. I definitely can't do that but someone back at the agency might be able to. We might get multiple locations, a fake location, stuff like that.' At that moment the file finished downloading and Scarlett went straight to putting it in place.

'Will this program be able to find the original sequence of locations?' I inquired.

'I'm not sure. I know it'll find the pattern, there's probably some setting that allows it to unscramble it back to the original sequence. Why?'

'Will finding the original sequence help with finding the location it was created at?'

'I'm really not sure. I could ask someone else back at the agency to do some fiddling with it to see what they can do. I'm an amateur in computers compared to some people there.'