Chapter 8 - Lovey Dovey

"Oh I have an idea, we could sneak out into the kitchens after everyone is asleep." I say, "Well Potter, I'd call it a date" he winks.

I go to my dresser, pulling out the popular cloak and wrapping it around myself. He looks in awe, amazed to have seen an invisibility cloak. "Midnight date now, questions later." I chuckle and he nods.

He was silent the whole way, no whispers or discussion until we got to the Kitchens. The stone beneath was cold, almost makes me wonder how cold it will be during the colder months that soon approach.

I tickled the pear and we entered the warm, food filled area. It smelt wonderful, so many smells, all so delicious. Many eyes gazed to the portrait hole opening and I shed the invisibility cloak. They were happy to see me, "Harry Potter is here, Harry Potter is here!" they shout.

"I've brought a guest and I'm sure you've heard of him before." I say reaching towards the cloak revealing the one and only Draco Malfoy. He gave a small smile and waves towards the small elves.

Whispers were heard among the elves, "If it's not too much would you make us some sandwiches? We missed dinner but it's okay if you can't, breakfast is only a few hours away." I say

"Anything for Harry Potter!" one of the elves had shouted and a few of the others had set up a table for the two of us to sit at. "Thank you all so much." I heard Draco say to a few of the elves that had passed by him. Each of them smiled and said similar things.

A genuine smile was on his face, something that I hadn't seen. "You should smile more" I said and pink crawled up his cheeks. The food had arrived and we both thanked them for their kindness but before they left I pulled one of them aside and asked for a special dessert to be made.

"Sure thing Harry Potter" they whispered back and giggled away. "Oh, what do you want to drink?" I asked and he looked up from his sandwich. "Anything works" he smiles before digging into his meal.

Drinks arrived, water and warm milk, I guess they figured milk would help us sleep at this hour but wouldn't taste well with our food. Not a bad decision.

We finished up our sandwiches, and shortly after out came the dessert, an apple pie. He was practically drooling as it was set on the table. "I hope you saved room." I hum, serving him a slice.

He devours it almost immediately, "slow down or you'll have a tummy ache." I manage, working through my own slice. He sighs but ultimately slows down, "but it tastes so good" he murmurs.

~

We headed back to the room and he was almost asleep, "I can't exaclty carry you Draco so if you fall asleep you're either going to be dragged or you'll be sleeping in the hallway." I whisper and he jumps at the sound of my voice.

I giggle a little when I reach for his hand as we make our way to the bricks. His hands were surprisingly warm for how chilly it was down here.

The fireplace was hardly burning and everyone had been to bed. I remove the cloak and we head to our room, changing our clothes and heading to bed.

~

"What if I don't want to go to class" he whines. "I know, I'm comfy too but we have to get up before we miss breakfast or are late to class." I say pulling away from him but his grip tightens. "Draco just get up with me." I reply and he sighs but does so, staying close. Like wrapping his arms around my exposed torso close.

I rummage through the drawers as he kisses down my neck. "Draco," I turn around "I know you could spend forever with me but we have to get ready. If it makes you feel better I'll sit next to you at breakfast." I state and he perks up immediately. I kiss him before turning back to the dresser pulling out some jeans and a long sleeved shirt.

"What do you want to wear, my love?

He removed one arm and pointed to what he wanted, probably embarrassed by the pet name. Was that too rushed? It has only been a couple days since we've been this way, but we've also known each other for years. It sounds both right and wrong all in at the same time.

"Do you like that, me calling you my love?" I hum as I lay my head back looking up to him. He was blushing, pretty heavily might I add. I turned my head and placed my hand on the back of his neck and kissed him. I turned back around in his arms, kissing him deeper.

"This isn't getting us anywhere." I chuckle as I release myself from his grasp. I pull the shirt on as he grumpily reaches over for his clothes. I kiss him once more before finishing putting on my clothes and grabbing my bag and my timetable.

"Mm Draco can you help me with something?" I called from the bathroom. "I love you very much but it will be quite obvious where these came from," I begin pointing at my neck, "and I wasn't sure if you were ready for this to be public knowledge." I finish, pointing between us.

"Hmm not my strongest thing but I can try and then if that doesn't work we can get one of the girls, how does that sound?" he hums and I nod in agreement.

He casts the charm and I look at his work, "Pretty good if you ask me." I reply and he smirks. "Okay I'm ready to go." I say interrupting his ego-boosting moment. I grab his hand and begin heading to the door. Once there I kiss him again before letting go of his hand. He follows close behind, keeping my comment about sitting next to me at breakfast as close as he could by well, keeping himself close.

We make our way to our awaiting friends and all head to the Great Hall. I had sat down first and Draco sat quite close, probably getting glances from the rest of our group. They followed suit at sat down, ignoring what was going on between us and began putting food on their plates.

I slowly reached for Draco's free hand and I could almost feel his smile. I put some bacon, eggs, and other things on my plate and slowly began eating. I can guarantee that Draco would want any moment with me to last forever so here we sat. We sat there like time stopped and the only people there were us.