Chapter 3 - Late Nights and Surprises

It was a late night at the burrow when the owl returned. I grabbed them and offered the owl some treats but it declined. I opened the envelope and put Ron's on his nightstand and sat down.

She understood what was going on but it was ultimately no help. What did I expect though? It was just a letter venting. It's not like she could've done much anyways.

'What do you think school will be like?' I began writing, 'There isn't much more to teach us is there?'

I put the quill down. Maybe there will be more to write in the morning? 'Do you ever feel lonely even when you're surrounded by people?' I wrote but crossed it off. I think more before ultimately putting it down. I turn the lights off and close my eyes while drowsiness runs over me.

~~~~~~

"Master Malfoy! Master Malfoy! Someone is at the door!" She cheers, excited for the company. She opens the door, shocked. "Mister Zabini!" She yells and hugs his leg.

Perfect timing

"Hey Blaise, can I talk to you about something?" I ask even though he just walked in. "Oh sure." He replied. We walked into the library, "Don't worry Daisy, I'll return him in a bit." I called. I take a seat in an armchair and wonder how to start.

"So you know how our parents planned to marry us off and have pure blooded children?" I ask and he nods. "Well now that they're dead what are we going to do?"

"Well, the obvious answer is do what we want." He says point blank. "But what if I don't know what to do? Sure I'd love to continue the Malfoy line but, with whom?" I sigh.

"Maybe you just don't know yet, or maybe there isn't anyone. Either way if it makes you feel better I don't know what to do as well." He assured. I sit there for a bit wondering, all the possibilities flowing through my mind and none of them sounds right.

I get up and call for Daisy "He's all yours now!" I shout and begin to walk up the stairs. "Hey Draco- don't put to much pressure on yourself." He suggests and I nod, returning to the staircase below me.

I lay on my bed and think. Nobody would want me anyways. I'm probably not made to raise children anyways. I get up and head to my parents room. If I was going to live here or 'raise a family' I'd need plenty of space.

I opened the door and I stand there. Emotions flooding over me...

Mum??

"Oh my sweet boy! How nice to see you!" She exclaimed. I stood there in shock. "Aren't... aren't you supposed to be dead? I'm not trying to be rude or anything but-" I began.

"Oh no dear, it's okay. It's a long story so why don't you come and sit down." She said patting the seat next to her. I hesitantly walked over there and sat down.

"Am I- Am I dreaming??" I ask still confused. What would you expect if your 'dead' mother just poofed back into existence. My heart aches for many reasons.

"It started on a dark Thursday night. Your Father was at his breaking point. I had never seen him in such a state, it worried me. I was scared and unsure what to do. I approached him carefully but he didn't care. He um- He used an unforgivable curse on me., his own wife. He knew I didn't want to follow his footsteps and maybe that is why he used it but I could have simply been because I had startled him. After Lucius realized what he had done he rushed to my side. He had apologized for so long and decided that he wasn't going to allow this to happen again. He was found guilty and was sentenced to a dementors kiss." She said softly.

"Although he wasn't the best Father he made it clear that he didn't want to hurt us anymore. Even if he hid, they would find him no doubt. He told me he was sorry; sorry for being a bad Father, sorry for putting you through everything, sorry for not being there. You may not forgive him but just know dear that he was a good person back in school before he received the dark mark and got involved with the Dark Lord." She sighed.

I looked up to her and a tear slipped.

"Oh honey, It's okay to cry if you need to, mummy's here." She cooed and I lost it. "It is a lot to take in, I didn't see much of his good side but I can imagine." I choked out a sob as I buried myself deep into her embrace.

I heard footsteps approching the door but I couldn't be bothered. The door creaked open and a shocked gasp came from Blaise. "Mrs. Malfoy??" He whispered.

"W-what are you doing here?" He cried, taking a seat on the other side of her. "I've already explained it to Draco but I can tell you if Draco is okay with hearing it again" She said, stroking my hair while I cried silently. I nodded into her embrace and she began once again.

"Wow..." he whispered, "... I'm glad you're okay."

He must've thought the same, it was a lot to take in. We sat silently for a while when she asked, "Darlings, do you want me to make some tea?"

I unraveled myself from my mother and nodded. I wiped the remaining tears from my puffy eyes and followed my mother to the kitchen. I settled on the couch and Blaise sat down next to me. I sighed heavily and hugged him.

A few minutes passed and the kettle went off. She hurried over and poured us some tea, "Thank you mum." I said softly. She smiled, something she didn't get to do much when Lucius was around.