Chapter 12 - Fear

The game could've gone on for forever, everyone started passing out and such. I eyed Draco from across the circle and we both looked exhausted. We were waiting for everyone to fall asleep so we could head up the stairs to our room without catching drunken questions even though we shared a room.

The longer we stayed awake the less sleep we got, luckily we've been excused so we don't need to focus on classes immediately but I wouldn't mind some sleep either. I get up and slowly head over to the shelves placed by the door being careful to avoid stepping on any fingers or anyone really. Luckily, there were a few shelves stocked with extra blankets so I took a few at a time and covered up our passed out friends.

I grabbed an extra for our room and headed over to Draco. I helped him up and took his hand in mine as we walked slightly tipsy up the stairs. It wasn't too long before we made it to the room and at that point Draco was so tired he just put on some pajama pants since already being shirtless. I removed my pants and sleepily made my way over to Draco.

"Ooo pretty" I gushed

"What's so pretty, my emerald?" he asks, embracing me in a hug.

"Well two things.. you and the stars" I mumble into him, the feeling of comfort and security embracing me.

"Wanna lay the other way so you can see all the little stars then, my emerald?" he wonders

"Mmm yes please" I sleepily cheer, "but you'll have to lay on the right so I can see both pretty things."
~~~~~

He lays down on the bed and motions for me to follow, I unfold the blanket, lay down, and intertwine our legs. "Goodnight my star, I wanted to talk about our relationship. I don't know if it's the Amortentia or the tipsy side speaking but I'd love to go on some dates and stuff and not rush things but still be passionate." I manage, but by the time I said it he's already passed out. I wrap my arm around his torso and shut my eyes yawning.
~

The feeling of warmth next to me is something I want to wake up to every day and go to sleep next to every night. I slowly pry my eyes open with the light of day shining through the window. I groan and roll over to my left trying to hide my head in his neck. I reach my right arm over and slide it just underneath his shirt enough to let it rest on his side.

"Good morning, dragon" he whispers, his voice low and husky. I respond by peppering his neck with kisses, "dont open your eyes if you know what's good for you" I hum as I move my head out if his neck.

"Aw, do you look that bad?" he pries and immediately regrets when he opens his eyes. He is quick to react, groaning in response.

My hand traces underneath his shirt, rubbing small shapes into his skin. "I wanted to talk to you about something." I whisper.

He moves away from me and sits up, closing the curtain to shield his eyes from the morning light. Harry massages my shoulder, "what were you saying, beautiful?"

I rub my eyes as I roll towards him, the pain from the hangover just hitting. "It's just about us is all" I begin but as I remove my hands from my eyes his face looks like he's about to burst into tears. I quickly sit up and pull him on the bed to sit in front of me, "don't even think those things, I love you and I want to be with you" I say, cupping his cheek pulling him in for a short kiss.

I rest my forehead on his, "I feel bad for scaring you like that, we don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." I whisper.

His face had changed, less sad than what it once was seconds before. His hands shifted around me, "Don't you scare me like that ever again" he urged as his hands finally take their place wrapped around my neck.