Ch. 7: This Feeling

"I don't think I've ever seen such a lovely young lady such as yourself." Various women around my age gawked as they begged me to let my hair grow out, to dress me in their finest dresses, and many other things.

"T-thank you." I struggled to speak as they bombarded me with more questions.

"Is that young man with you free?"

I stiffened. "What do you mean?" I eyed the questioner, her having large pouty lips and an innocent expression.

"Are you two together? Does he have a significant other?"

"Well, no, I don't think so -- " The woman clapped her hands together like I'd given her the most wondrous news in her life.

I was given a new dress, it made of soft cotton, the ribbons attacked being silk? My hair was brushed out and cut evenly, my face washed and felt fresh.

The sight of Todd walking towards me made me smile and skip towards him as he offered his hand, him smiling as well.

It was a goofy smile, yeah...

-------------

Todd and I hadn't been at the village for too long, yet, it felt like a new home. It was safe, inviting, and overall, hopeful.

Todd and I still slept by each other every night, his warmth something I'd never get tired of.

"Hey, (Y/n), wake up." His warm breath tickled my ear as I shuffled in his arms.

'She's so warm. This feeling is awesome...I am Todd Hewitt I am Todd Hewitt.'

I turned to see him wide awake, looking down at me with a smile. I smiled back and rested my head back on his chest. "I'm tired though." I lied, not wanting to leave his embrace.

He rested his head against mine as his thoughts became busy. They seemed to practically exploit into the room as I traced my fingernails against his bare arm.

"I wanted to show you a spot I found the other day." He struggled to form the sentence as he sat up. I sat up with him, still leaning against him as I held onto him. I didn't want to be annoying, but -- but I didn't want to leave this safe feeling. This feeling of -- God what was the word for this feeling!?

"(Y/n)," Todd spoke softly into my hair. ", I promise the rest of the day we can rest but I just want to show you this one thing."

I sighed, looking up at him with a slow nod. "Lead the way."

A/N: AHH I hate how short this is but I wanted to update something.