Caste Vs Humanity

Long chapter. 5000+ words

"Congratulations miss, our boss agreed to publish your book called 'Period'. He was impressed by the amount of information in that book and your initiative to curb the ignorance of society. He is expecting more stories on social issues from you to create awareness among the people." The most famous publishing house, RC Publication's secretary, Mrs. Anugya passed a piece of good news to an upcoming writer, Manvi.

"Thank you so much, ma'am." This line seems simple but her heart and her eyes carry so much happiness that not even her legs can standstill on the floor.

"You're welcome Miss Manvi. By the way, my boss even complimented your name. What does it mean?" Anugya asked while rubbing her 3-month-old belly.

"Humanity!" Manvi flashed a warm smile before picking up her files from the couch near the reception but left her phone.

*********************

"Adi, we can no longer be together!"

"What does that mean? You think our love is weak in front of their cheap mindset?"

"But what can we do against our families?" Priya sobbed while being on phone with her lover Aditya.

"Why didn't you think about this before accepting my proposal. Did I force you to? No, right? Then? I loved you with the courage to fight against this stupid concept of our ignorant family. No matter what, I'm not gonna leave your hand. If it happens, it's only when my soul left my body." Adi's words influenced Priya.

"Then, let's elope tonight when no one is around!" Priya said.

"Are you kidding me, Priya? We Loved! It's pure. We don't have to make it impure by eloping. No matter what, let's stand for our love. Life or Death, it will be the fruit of our action."

**********************

With the happy news of her e-book soon going to be published as a hardcopy, Manvi returned to her village. She wanted to celebrate her first success with her old parents and a younger brother.

"Maa, Papa, Adi! Guess what, my book is soon going to be published by the famous publishing house, RC Publications. I'm ok cloud nine!" Manvi said while side-hugging her brother. She noticed his bothered face plastered with a fake smile. Before Manvi could question it, she diverted to her mother's question.

"I heard that the RC Publications belongs to the high caste family from our village. How did they accept your work, dear?"

"Maa, I'm sure the boss of the company is a well-educated person and doesn't give a damn about this spoiled caste system. Besides that, I heard he was a lawyer too. But I don't know his name, neither did I see him before."

"Be careful my dear, these high caste people will always make use of our middle caste and low caste people's talent." Manvi's father said.

"Arghh, Papa... Why would you all stop talking about caste? What is so great about it? Why does everyone so bothered about it. High caste, middle caste... Guess what, I don't even know what caste I am and I don't want to know. The only thing I know is all of us are humans and the only caste we need is humanity. We..." As Manvi was arguing with her parents, someone broke their house window with stones. Deafening arguments were going on out of their house.

As Aditya stepped out to check what was going on, people threw stones, tomatoes, and eggs at him. Confused about what is going on, Manvi went and stopped them for a minute.