forgotten memory (1/2)

Summary:

Fundy intentionally locked away all the sad and painful memories and memories associated with people who he remembered as the ones who had hurt him or left him after a year of healing. This leads to new relationships being forged, and old, painful, ones...... forgotten.

Work Text:

During that one year when Fundy went away, he met a group of people who became his second family and a new set of friends on a floating casino in the middle of a vast ocean. He didn't regret it, he didn't regret leaving that accursed land. Doomsday, was the last straw.

It wiped out everything he cherished.

And so in that year, he left, and sought healing elsewhere. A floating casino was where he ended up, and would be where his life started to brighten up. A plant hybrid with a penchant for knives, a little cat-shifter girl who became like a little sister to him, an older girl, the big sister of the floating casino, a family he was also now apart of. And a few months later, the plant hybrid and him devised a plan, two creative, devious minds, activating each others' braincells. They then moved to a far away land alongside their little sister figure, building a new land of creation, a land of windmills.

A land where everything was possible, a land, where nothing held him back. No one was there to berate him, no one was there to threaten him, it was just him, his plant-hybrid crush, and his new sister. A land of dreams, the land of windmills.

Fundy took a whole year to heal, but he never did fully heal. Trauma doesn't heal easily, it always stays there. And the others at the casino knew that too, they tried their best so Fundy could forget about the bad memories and have fun.

Fundy discovered that he was able to intentionally suppress and forget his painful memories. Of course, he had heard about it before, but he had never tried doing it before.

And that was what he did, intentionally forget the painful and bad memories. However, with most memories being associated with pain and grief, even some of the more peaceful memories were forgotten, because the people he shared the memory with became those who caused him harm.

He was living a happy life in the land of windmills, with 5 and Crumb. They would sometimes make excursions to visit the rest in the floating casino.

Those happy memories took over, the negative memories fading away, locked away. With those memories gone, and unfiltered with it only being locked away due to who the memories were associated with, it was no wonder that he forgot quite a number of people.

Tommy, Tubbo, Techno, Philza, Wilbur, Dream, Sapnap, Ranboo.

Those were the prominent few who he had forgotten. He remembered a bit of a woman named Niki, didn't he run a bakery with her and...... were they a group? A team? Didn't they run off to start a small land? What was it called again, Dryvillle? Drylands?

Then, there was that person, Eret. He remembered the prank wars he had with them, he remembered the flamingos and how devastated they were when they heard someone (Who? He couldn't remember who...) had them taken down. He remembered how Eret had supported him for..... for something that he didn't remember. He only knew that a man named Jschlatt was involved in that something.

(There were a lot of 'somethings', he noticed, but if he forgot them, then didn't that mean those weren't good memories and would hurt him?)

He remembered Eret wanting to adopt him.... did the adoption go through? Or did they fail to set a date because something was going on in the nation? He doesn't remember what happened, he knew it was big though.

Jschlatt...... now that was a weird memory. He confided to 5 about it, and he brought up the sword that he was convinced it was a heirloom, for him. But he doesn't remember Jschlatt other than the sword and...... recognition? Acknowledgement? He remembered nothing else.

And he knew that he wouldn't want to, if he forgot about it, it was probably painful.

He received a letter from Eret one day, asking him to come home because 'Dream is in prison. (Who?) A red egg is corrupting the nation, Bad (Kind, wholesome, helpful) and Ant (He's such a furry.) are leading the corruption. Puffy (...Who again?) broke free but they managed to drag Punz (he helped me) into it. Please come home, Fundy. If not to help, then for me. I miss you, Fungi, we still have to finish the adoption don't we, little prince? (He liked being called that, Prince....)'

He guessed the adoption wasn't complete, after all...

So he did. He promised 5 and Crumb he'd be back, Sleepy and DK joked that they would fly the airship to kidnap him if he didn't send letters. And he appreciated that, someone that would come for him if everything went to hell, did he... did he experience this before? Others' concern? He doesn't remember much... but a, a kind father? (Was he kind?) He....

He couldn't remember