Surprise...?

(YOOOOO A CHAPTER! I honestly forgot this existed 🌚)

I stretched and yawned as I pulled myself out of my fluffy orange bed. My tail wagged in excitement as to today's date, my birthday! With all that had been happening there was hardly anytime to actually celebrate but since the wars were over and everything had calmed down, maybe things could be different this time. I quickly got out of my pajamas and changed into my favorite outfit.

I looked in the mirror fixing my hair a bit, today was going to be a good day. I smiled putting my hat on and making my way out of my house. I skipped along the path, it was still a bit early so I hadn't seen anyone.

After a few minutes of walking down the path towards where L'manburg once was I spotted someone. Exhilarated I sped up my pace a bit soon recognizing the person as I got closer to be Quackity.

"Hey Big Q!" I smiled, waving to him as he turned around.

"Oh, hey Fundy. Listen I'm kinda busy right now but we can talk later if you want." He gave a slight smile before waving and walking away.

"Oh, okay, see ya later then Big Q!" I half smiled waving as the man left and my tail slowly stopped wagging. Maybe he was just too caught up in his work to say happy birthday. I shook myself trying to get the good vibes back. It was just one person and there were still many more to see.

I continued walking soon seeing where L'manburg once was. Steadily I walked on the glass above the huge crater. So caught up in the massive hole beneath me I didn't hear my grandfather walk up behind me. I flinched as I felt a hand on my should, looking behind me I saw Phil softly smiling at me.

"Do you miss it?" Phil asked me looking down through the glass.

"Sometimes, more the old L'manburg rather than the new L'manburg. Before things got so complicated." I responded, my ears drooping a bit remembering it all.

"Listen I'm sorry about how I've treated you sometimes. I feel like I've been neglecting you as my grandson and I just want to apologize for that." I looked up to see Philza looking at me.

"Thank you Phil." I smiled as tears filled up thecorner of my eyes. He opened up his arms for me and I gladly complied. We shared a quick embrace before I pulled away from him.

"I have to go get some things for Techno but have a good day lad." Phil said as he patted me on the back departing. I gave him a short smile before sitting down on the glass. Sighing I took my hat off before running a hand through my hair. Did he forget too? I mean it was a nice conversation but I don't think he remembered. I guess he is immortal so his memory can get kind of hasey sometimes but I'm still his grandson. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and shook my head placing my hat back atop my head.

No this is going to be a good day. I got up deciding to go pay a visit to Niki, although I'm not quite sure where she lives.

-time skip-

After a bit of a wandering I finally stumbled upon Niki's place to see her working on the garden. I walked up to her, my tail wagging excitedly.

"Hi Niki!" I shouted excitedly, catching Niki off guard as she quickly turned around putting a hand over her heart.

"Fundy, you scared me so bad." Niki sighed and laughed a bit. "What brings you here?"

"I don't know, I just wanted to drop by." I responded shifting my weight back and forth from my heels to the balls of my feet.

"Ah okay, well I have gardening to tend to, I think it's supposed to rain later today so I'm trying to get it done. But can we talk later?" Niki smiled sweetly as I nodded and response and she turned around getting back to her garden. I shuffled away my face dropping to a frown as soon as I had turned around. Even Niki? But I thought that we were good friends. I shook my head trying to reset my thoughts.