Chapter 1

Only a month to go.
—————————————

Its the weekend, the sun is shining, students are running around enjoying there two day break. Everyone expect me.

About an hour ago i got called into my agency for something important. I was on my way to the agency when i noticed a stray dog sitting by an ally. Slowing my pace to watch the dog. Its gaze followed me before it turned and left back into the ally it was next to.

Blinking slowly i shook my head, focusing on my task at hand. There wasn't any time to stop and watch cute dogs every chance i get. I checked my phone for the time. 1:28 pm.

Im gonna be late! I mumbled out loud to myself. Rushing to the agency that was a few blocks away. Right before i walked inside i took a deep breath to collect myself. The sliding doors opened. Putting a brave smile on my face i walked in. Standing in front of me was my manager. My smile faded into a blank stare.

"You're late."

Her harsh tone rung in my ears. That was her normal voice of course but it still wasn't very pleasant to listen to.

"Im sorry Ms. it wont happen again"

I say just loud enough for her to hear. All of the confidence i had gathered while walking here went right out the door.

"Head up, speak clearly when talking, thats what the people look for"

The stare she was giving me ran shivers up my spine.

"Yes ma'am!"

I speak up, lifting my head. Nothing about this woman screamed heroic. She was pretty ordinary, a short lady with straight hair. The only thing about her that i would consider not normal was the expressions she made. Always angry, irritated or over confident. Which isn't always a bad thing, but it made her look horrifying.

She turned away and began to walk back to her office at a rather fast pace. I quickly followed her, not wanting to be left behind. She went on about what she needed me to do today. And here i thought i was finally going to go out and patrol. A small list was given to me before she shut herself into her office. No one except her was allowed in there, unless they were getting fired.

I sighed watching the doors close in front of my face. It wasn't like i never got to go out patrolling, it just doesn't happen very often. Glancing down at the list she gave me i walked off to a smaller room with my name on the door.

Each employee and intern got there own office space to work in. Mine was down the hall to the managers. I like to leave the door ajar so people know I'm inside.

I take a seat at my desk and set the paper neatly on my pile of papers. Bored already i check my phone. One new message, it was from Mirio. Reading over what he sent me, i sigh to myself yet again.

'Hey (Y/n)! Me, Nejire and Tamaki were wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend?'

Mumbling to myself angrily I reply back, telling him that i can't because I'm at work. Not even a minute later he's typing again, reassuring me that it was alright.

I set my phone down and look at the paper. Just a bunch of paper work that needs to be done. Stretching my arms before getting to work. Ive decided this would be a piece of cake, and that it wouldn't take to long. Shortly after i put some music on, music always makes doing work a bit more bearable.

A new report plays after my favourite song finishes. I listen to it any way considering there was nothing else to listen to.

"Just this afternoon a group of criminals have been reported robbing a local store. There is at least 4 of them, all armed with dangerous weapons as well as having quirks. If you see these people please stay away from them"

The news reporter stated. I grabbed my phone and went to searched up any live feeds of what was going on. Since i wasn't able to patrol i liked to watch to gain some experience in what to do. Plus some of my favourite hero's show up too!

Almost every time something happened someone was recording it. I found a live feed and began to watch. The criminals looked dangerous for just a couple of people robbing a local store. As police arrived the biggest guy, who had a mutant based quick took some poor lady hostage.

"Ugh! If i wasn't stuck doing paperwork i could have been helping these people"

Groaning to myself, i sit on the edge of my seat to see which hero will arrive at the scene. Quiet shouts came from my phone. I stared as a quick flash of red filled the screen. The lady who was being held hostage was a good 10 feet in the air away from the criminal guy. The camera panned over to Hawks who looked like he was reassuring the lady. The winged hero quickly got the lady to safety away from the criminals before heading back to face them.

Hawks was one of my favourite hero's. I looked up to him a lot, being one of the youngest pro hero's to be top 3. Every time he was on screen excitement rushed through me.

An idea popped into my head, i looked out of the window in my office. Quickly glancing around i went over and shut the door. Then ran over and opened the window.

As long as my manager doesn't catch me down there it'll be fine. Stretching my back before jumping out of the window. A pair of large wings unfold out of thin air on my back. They were almost transparent. My quirk allowed me to create wings out of energy stored in my body. The wings don't touch me at all but i can feel them as if they are just another limb.

Soaring through the sky was one of the best feelings out there. Its a very simple and an efficient way to get from one place to another.

About a minute or so later i spot where the action is taking place. I wasn't planning on getting involved, just a closer look is all i wanted. Landing on top of one of the near by buildings i sit on the edge, keeping my wings tucked behind me just in case i needed to leave in a hurry.

Hawks was fighting off 3 of the 4 guys at once. His skills were absolutely amazing, it looked like he hadn't even broken a sweat. I put my fists up in excitement. Quietly cheering the hero's on from the building i was sitting on top of. Drawing attention to myself was the last thing i needed but it was hard not to be so excited.

Two other hero's show up from down the road. It was hard to make out who they were from this distance but i wasn't to worried about it. Just as the fight looked finished the last guy pulled a gun out and pointed it at Hawks.

One of the two who i didn't know ran over, spraying the guy in some sort of foam. It looked like it hardened into crystals, keeping him from moving. The other walked over and took the gun from the man.

I narrowed my eyes. I know who owns that crystal quick. It was one of the employees who work at the agency I'm interning at. The lady who has the gun turns, scanning the area before turning her head towards me.

The same unpleasant glare pierces through my soul.

My heart drops.

I'm in so much trouble.