𝟎𝟏 | just you and me, baby

1/? idol series

As soon as the lights dim, the girls immediately start bowing while trying to catch their breaths from the intense MAMA performance they'd just finished. One by one they exit the stage and the screams of the audience becomes faint to their ears as they head backstage.

"Ryujin, here drink this," their manager says, handing her a bottle of ice cold water. "You did well."

She smiles gratefully and drinks almost half the bottle before passing it to Chaeryeong beside her.

"You were so cool. The fighting scene looked so real," Yuna says with awestruck eyes.

"Completely like Han Sohee, whoa."

"I'm so proud of you."

Ryujin sheepishly smiles at the compliments her members were giving her, immediately telling them they all did amazing too.

She knew more than anything how hard she and the other girls practiced for this stage. Yeji, especially, for her opening collaboration with the other 4th generation members.

This, however, felt like a breath of fresh air for Ryujin. Not only did she get to collaborate with Heo Sungtae, a phenomenal actor, but she was finally able to hone her acting skills into this performance. Anyone who knew Shin Ryujin knew how much she loved acting. It was really no surprise that when she got the opportunity to participate, she gave her all into practicing the fight sequence, even attending the stunts academy to perform them all on her own.

When she spots the stunts people she performed with earlier, Ryujin thanks them heartily and makes sure they weren't hurt. Although they'd practiced the scene many times, it sometimes feels too realistic how hard they fell on stage.

While the idol was satisfied with her and Itzy's performance, she couldn't help but regret the mistake she made earlier when she tripped and fell while throwing a kick at a stuntman. Looking at her members, she decides not to bring it up as they'd become engaged in watching the rest of the segment on the screen or resting for the meantime.

"I'm going to the restroom. Let me know if I have to get back quickly," Ryujin announces, gesturing towards her phone in hand.

"Okay," Yeji nods before shooting a pointed look at her, then adds in a lower tone, "be careful."

Maybe it would've been better if she changed out of her stage outfit first, but she had already left their waiting room. Plus, she didn't want to waste any time. Her heart was already pounding loudly the more she walks down the hallways.

She types down something quickly on her mobile, bowing politely at the staff she passes by on her way.

Her face remains neutral as she turns a corner, towards a secluded corridor she found out about earlier while looking around. Quietly, Ryujin enters a room that seemed to only hold junk props that were no longer needed.

The lights are dull in the room but manageable as she carefully maneuvers around. Her heart feels like it's at her throat and she subconsciously runs a hand through her hair. Where is h-?

"I'm the mafia," a deep voice sings by her ear.

Ryujin nearly lets out a scream but before she can, the hand covers her mouth. Her eyes lock with the familiar eyes.

Pushing his hand away, she glares playfully. "Do you want to get caught? Idiot."

It doesn't look like he's paying attention because Beomgyu only doubles over in laughter.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I thought you knew what to expect from me," he chuckles.

Even if she was truly upset, it had always been hard for Ryujin to stay that way when it comes to her boyfriend, a true jokester.