𝟏𝟎 | misfits

A light slap on his shoulder causes the squeamish boy to still.

"Stop moving!"

Beomgyu scoffs at her demanding tone, but listens anyway, not quite in the mood to start a petty argument.

Not when she's the only one who's shown even the slightest sliver of care towards him today.

It happened again.

The argument with his father was no different from the other ones, but today, Beomgyu snapped.

Tears welled up, destroyed his own room in a fit of frustration, and then he finally left. His legs burned from exerting all his energy into riding his bicycle as fast as he could, all the while trying to wipe away at his tears.

It was no wonder he lost his balance and crashed hard onto the cement. All Beomgyu could feel was the searing pain shooting up his arm and stinging on his face.

He laid there, helplessly, too exhausted to get up. Too tired of trying to fight for a life that seemed to not even want him.

The sky looked pretty though. In fact, everything did. The trees, the ray of sunlight filtering through the leaves- except, he of all people knew not everything appears as what they are.

Losers
10 People ›

Who knows how to treat wounds lmao
Delivered

He didn't expect any of them to answer. It's not that they're bad people, just that each of them are dealing with their own shit. Honestly, they could hardly call each other friends.

In their small town, they were the ones he could rely on. Everyone else seemed to have their lives together except for the ten of them. Beomgyu isn't quite sure how they all came to be.

But they're the closest people he knows.

Ryujin
Where are you?

Out of everyone, the boy least expected Shin Ryujin to answer. They were part of the same circle of misfits, but they were also the least close to one another. The two of them didn't hate each other. It was just hard to get close to everyone in a group that had so many people.

He'd have expected someone like Soobin or Chaeryeong to show some concern. Not Ryujin.

Beomgyu flinches back with a hiss when Ryujin dabs at the cut on his cheekbone.

"I told you to stay still." She gives him a stern look, and he begrudgingly complies again.

It took around fifteen minutes until Ryujin got to him, a first aid kit tucked under her arm. Beomgyu was a little surprised she came so quickly, considering she lived on the other side of town.

They sit in silence, occasional noises of pain coming from him when the rubbing alcohol stung the cuts on his face.

Although Beomgyu tries not to, he watches Ryujin work on his wounds with utmost concentration on her face. This is the closest he's ever seen her.

There's a mole under her eyebrow and another one on her cheek. Doe eyes that hold stars. Full cheeks. Perfect slope nose and plump lips. It didn't make sense to him why a girl so pretty and with a strong personality didn't see her worth like he could.