𝟎𝟔 | for you

3/? idol series

"Let's stay for a little bit more, then go back to the car."

Ryujin lifts her chin above her scarf that's tied snugly around her neck. She releases an exasperated sigh, watching the fog from her breath slowly evaporate into the cold air before nodding in response to the suggestion.

She feels arms snake around her waist from behind and then a weight on her shoulder. A smile forms on her lips at the action and the female idol turns to look over her shoulder at her boyfriend, who's staring right back at her.

"You're a lot more clingy than usual," she points out with an eyebrow raise.

Beomgyu simply nuzzles his face against her puffy jacket and mumbles under his face mask, "what? I just want to hold you."

"We're in the park. We have to be careful." Ryujin tries to pry his arms off her but he just whines while tightening his grip.

"It's midnight. No one will see us. Besides, I'm cold," he argues.

The girl rolls her eyes at his stubborn nature. Beomgyu is naturally an adamant person so it's no surprise when he acts like this around her, even more so when it's been a while since they last were together.

"Then let's go back inside now. I don't want you catching a cold," Ryujin says and turns around in his arms.

He agrees easily when a shiver runs up his spine at a cold breeze that passes by. The two decided to meet with each other late at night in Hangang Park, but considering winter was at its peak in Seoul, they would have to resort to staying inside Ryujin's car.

The couple walk back while holding hands and giggling over each other's retelling of funny anecdotes from living with their group members.

"I can't feel my face," Beomgyu says with a shiver once they're safely inside the car.

In response, Ryujin turns the heater on full blast to appease him. She leans over and places her gloved hands over his cheeks and squishes them while cooing at him like he's a toddler. "Poor baby. Maybe if I squeeze your cheeks hard enough, you'll start to get some feeling back, hmm?"

Beomgyu yelps at her aggressive fawning and he tries to tilt his face out of her reach, words coming out muffled when he speaks. "Are you sure you're not trying to kill me right now?"

"What happened? You used to like it when I did this to you back when we first started dating."

Finally, Ryujin lets go of him with a pleased grin and the boy rubs at his rosy cheeks, feigning a glare when he looks at his girlfriend.

"I was a simp back then, that's why."

The girl gives him an unimpressed stare. "You still are."

It's true. Even before the two started dating and were only friends, Beomgyu would let Ryujin have her way if he had no qualms about it.

"Do you remember when we first saw each other after your debut?" Ryujin suddenly asks.

Leaning back into the passenger seat comfortably, Beomgyu turns his face and looks at her with a fond smile. "I do. That was the day when you officially met me as TXT's Beomgyu."

It was also his first time performing on a music show. The boys were excited but also understandably anxious since they prepared for their debut for the past few years diligently and already had high expectations to meet from the world.

They had been gifting other artists with their debut album during the waiting period when the rookie boy group came across the famous rookie girl group, Itzy.