Study: Biology of a Witch by Amelie Verilie

A Witch's body is omnipotent.

They can fully control their body as they wish. They can grow tall, or lose height. They can become heavy, or have no weight at all. They can move their organs wherever they please.

They can change their appearance as they wish. Their hair color, their eye color, their head shape, their body shape. In this sense, Witches are always beautiful.

They can choose to deactivate one useless part of their body. Or they can manually do tasks that require other organs to do it for them. For example, a Witch can deactivate her heart, and manually pump her blood instead of letting the heart do it. In this sense, the heart is no longer a weak point, but simply a useless organ.

They can decrease the time usually required to fix a wound. That is by focusing their cells to regenerate on that specific wound. In doing so, they are endangering most other parts of their body, but they are progressing in the heaking process at a faster rate.

A Witch has the basic biology as every other human. After all, even we used to be human. Witches of course, have a brain. They have a heart, lungs, a stomach, the intestines. They have bones, flesh, and of course, skin. At first glance, they are a completely natural human being. At first glance.

If you look closely at their eyes, they do not reflect light. They are quite similar to "dead fish eyes". Moreover, whenever a Witch is using their "Parting Gift", their eyes will turn into a bright shade of gold, regardless of what color they were previously. This is a trait that all Witches have, no exceptions.

If you look closely at their skin, you will notice that most Witches are usually quite pale, and looking at their skeletal structure, you would notice that their skeletons are smaller compared to most other human beings, excluding children of course, they also either lack a few bones, or have a few extra ones.

Witches do not grow old, regardless of whether or not they are controlling their body and appearance. Once they grow into the ripe age of marriage, they will stay with that appearance until their death, unless of course they manually change their appearance.

Witches do not die so easily. Not by normal means, in any case. There are fairly few ways to neutralize a Witch. Such include: public execution, depletion of magical energy supply, and other supernatural threats such as other Witches, Vampire Kin, and Creatures of Mythos, such as Nyarlothep and Cthulhu. That is why most humans fear them, because they cannot so easily kill them.

Witches can be injured by human weapons, human inventions, human machines. But the majority of them cannot kill them. It is only possible to kill Witches by having an audience, and performing a "Public Execution" in front of them. But that would mean having to capture the Witch before executing them, which is only a pipe dream in practically all situations.

I place down my book and pen. That should be enough for today. After this, I still have to play with Celestine, after all.

“Mother!”

Aha, devil's speak, the brat is here! I asked her to wait outside for a little longer, as I still have to place everything in their proper places. After doing so, I clap for myself at hoe marvelously I do my job. Now then.

“Nia, take care of things here while I'm gone, okay?”

“Understood, Madame.”

I wave goodbye at my little feline friend, and closed the door to my office. Well, I say "feline" because I'm not entirely sure how to explain that creature's existence. I merely know that it is a Creature of Mythos who introduced himself to me as "Nyarlothep". When he first appeared, it was as a pure white monster that I really cannot explain well, but nowadays he simply acts a a talking white cat. I believe that's a good sign, but as to why he appeared before me so suddenly, I'm really unsure.

But enough of that. Enough of Nyarlothep, enough of that Witch talk, let me strip myself of the ironic title of "Witch of Sloth" just this once, and let me play with my sweet sweet daughter without any interruptions. That's all I ask.

——————————

Afterword:

Short. But it tells more than enough.