Part 11

You felt warm, and a comfortable weight was placed around your waist. Slowly opening your eyes, the events of last night flashed through your mind. A small smile graced your features and you moved closer to Bucky, nuzzling yourself into his chest. He subconsciously pulled you tighter against him, a soft breath escaping his lips. After a little while, Bucky's scratchy voice broke the silence.

"This is nice."

You hummed in agreement. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby. I've got to admit, it's one of the best nights of sleep I've had in the past 70 years. You?"

"Really well. Y-you're very warm."

He chuckled at that and moved down a bit, so his face was next to yours. "One of the many effects of the serum. I didn't trap you next to me, did I? I tend to be immovable in my sleep."

You shook your head, staring into his soft blue eyes. "No. I didn't squeeze you too much? I tend to strangle my body pillow."

"You were perfect, doll."

Your breaths seemed to be in sync, and you guys stared at each other, studying each other's features. After few awkward moments slipped by, and Bucky was the first to move.

"I'll, uh, I'll go find something for breakfast." He threw the covers off and grabbed his arm before leaving the room.

You missed his warmth, but you decided you should get up, too. You wandered into the kitchen and saw Bucky pulling some eggs from the fridge. He smiled at you, and he grabbed a pan.

"Sam said we should probably spend a week here."

"What?!"

Bucky cracked an egg. "Yeah. Sorry, but those guys are probably still looking for you."

"But what about our therapy? It's court mandated." You said picking up Alpine as he walked toward you.

"I know. I think Sam was going to talk to our therapists. He has a knack for calming people down, don't worry."

You carded your fingers through Alpine's fur and nodded your head. "I'll try."

"Great. And in the meantime, you can sit back and relax while I make breakfast." Bucky said with a smile as he twirled the spatula in his hand.

~~~~~
You and Bucky were chatting quietly as you ate your breakfast. It was peaceful, and Bucky seemed to be in a really light mood despite all that has been happening. This morning had been full of soft domesticity, and you felt completely safe. Bucky brought you a strong sense of comfort, and you hoped you brought him some too. The morning was going well, until your phone began to ring. You looked at Bucky and he seemed to tense. You saw it was from an unknown number, you decided to wait it out. Once the call ended, the ringing started back up. With a glance toward Bucky, you answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Y/n! Are you okay?! I saw a couple unconscious guys in your yard, and you weren't home. You were on TV this morning. Wh-where are you?"

"Charles?" You asked raising your eyebrows. "H-how did you get my number?"

"I asked your therapist. We were supposed to have dinner tonight, remember? I saw you on TV this morning and you were on a motorcycle with what people suspect is an Avenger. I came over and you weren't home, I grew worried." He actually sounded concerned.