Part 17 (final part)

"Dude, can you stop breathing down my neck like that?" Sam said pushing Bucky away from him.

"I'm just trying to look over you because you're taking up a lot of space. And I'm so sorry that I'm breathing like a normal person." Bucky grumbled as he studied the bushes they were currently hiding in.

"Normal? You were breathing like freakin' Darth Vader!" Sam retorted as Bucky sent a glare at him. "You do know who Darth Vader is, right?"

"Yes, I know who Darth Vader is!" Bucky growled. "Can we just focus on the mission?"

"Yeah, okay. Charles, how are we coming along with those bombs?" Sam said turning toward Charles.

Charles gave Sam a thumbs up. "Done. I guess taking those extra chemistry classes in college paid off."

They gathered the bombs attached them to their belts. Sam insisted they wear war paint, he had bought some and had hoped for an occasion to use it, so Bucky and Charles grumbled in agreeance. After they dawned their war paint, they split up. Bucky and Redwing and Sam with Charles. Sam and Charles would cause a distraction, while Redwing would find where you were, and Bucky would get you.

"Be nice to Redwing, okay?" Sam said his wings came out.

"No promises, and if he happens to get destroyed, I am not held responsible." Bucky said as he stared at the annoying robot.

Sam rolled his eyes and quickly recapped the mission plan. "The wall surrounding the town seems to be guarded by 5 men at every post. There are five posts. Charles and I will blast posts 1 and 2, causing a distraction, while you climb over the wall at the blind spot at posts 4 and 5. Redwing will alert me once Bucky has Y/n, then we will meet up at the line of trees, where hopefully the plane will be. Everyone got that?"

"Yeah, can we start now?" Bucky grumbled. "Y/n is still in danger. I can't imagine what she's going through right now."

~~~~~

"Dang, these cookies are amazing." You said as you took another bite. "I'm glad we decided to eat first. Escaping is no fun on an empty stomach."

Grace nodded. "Yeah, but I'm still nervous about the escape."

"I am too, but we have to get out of here." You said as a huge explosion sounded.

You and Grace jumped up and ran outside. Smoke was coming from one side of the wall and another explosion sounded. Running back inside, you grabbed your backpack.

"Looks like we've got our diversion! Let's go!" You said as you rushed to your house.

You fumbled with Mark's truck keys for a moment, before unlocking the truck. Hopping inside the truck, you both strapped yourselves inside. You were about to pull out of the driveway, when you saw a man standing behind the truck. You took a closer look and noticed he had a metal arm. Was he the cause of the explosions? Was he here to hurt you? You turned to Grace.

"It's the metal armed man. Mark warned me about him." You whispered as the man stalked closer to the driver's side door.

While he wasn't expecting it, you quickly swung open the door, nailing him right in the nose, before closing it and hightailing it out of the garage. He clasped his flesh hand over his face as a string of curses fell out. You pushed on the gas pedal harshly and Grace fell back into her seat as the car lurched forward. You thought you were getting good distance on him, that is until Grace looked in the mirror and saw him running toward the car, extremely fast.