Four

The BAU has been working with NCIS for almost a week now. Although Callie couldn't stand Dean at first, she grew to like him. Not that she'd ever admit that. Unless he or she were on their death bed and might not have a chance of survival. What Callie didn't know, was that she'd be admitting her feelings soon.

************************************

"We found our unsub. Let's go." Aaron Hotchner said one morning. No one wasted time in gearing up. Gibbs put Callie in her gear and a bulletproof vest as well, Hotch doing the same for Dean. "Ready, partner?" Dean asked with a smirk. Callie gave him one back. "Always am, partner." She replied. When the cars and SUV's left and arrived at an abandoned warehouse, Callie and Dean were let out and they immediately started their search. Callie, picked up on two scents and let Gibbs know. "Alright, Callie. Let's get the son of a bitch." Gibbs told her. She gave him a wink and her and Dean went after the unsub. "FBI and NCIS! Drop the weapon!" Gibbs and Hotch said busting the door open. The unsub, a skinny white male in his 40's threw his gun and started running away. "I love it when they run!" Dean said. Callie rolled her eyes as they ran after the idiot. "It just proves that most humans are stupid as hell!" Callie said and started to catch up to the dumbass she was chasing. Just as Callie lunged at him, she felt a sharp pain in her upper stomach. Dean saw she was hurt, and attacked the idiot without a thought. Gibbs and Hotch just arrived and Hotch had to force Dean away. Gibbs saw Callie and dropped to his knees. "No. Callie you can't be hurt. Don't you die on me. That's an order." Gibbs said trying to hold back the tears. But the profiler beside him, could see through his mask. Callie whined and tried to comfort Gibbs. In no time, medics appeared and Callie was taken to an emergency vet.

************************************

Both teams were in a waiting room now. Callie had been with the vet for a while now. Gibbs' team was on edge and kept glancing at Gibbs who was pacing and rubbing his face. Hotch's team was almost similar. But Dean. Dean was worried and terrified. In the short time he's known Callie, he fell in love with her. Dean knew he'd go crazy if he lost her. All that was running in his head was: "I never told her I love her." Hotch could practically hear what Dean was thinking and so he scratched his ear to comfort him. "Who is Callie's owner?" A nurse suddenly said and Gibbs raised his hand. The nurse smiled. "Callie is a lucky girl. The knife missed anything major, but she needs to be on bed rest for at least two months. I suggest she takes more time off work, in case she has any PTSD. You can come see her now." The nurse said. Gibbs and Hotch saw how badly Dean wanted to see Callie, so Hotch let him go with Gibbs. When they walked into the room, Callie was laying on a bed looking exhausted. "Hey, Callie. Thank God you're okay. And good girl for following orders." Gibbs said and kissed her forehead. "Hey, gorgeous." Dean said, his voice sounding as if he was crying. "Dean. I want to tell you something. I told myself I would say anything unless I almost died. I love you. I never expected myself to, but damnit I'm in love with you. I want you to be my mate." Callie said tiredly. Dean smiled lovingly. "I'd be honored to be your mate. We'll have the cutest puppies." Dean said making Callie laugh softly. Dean then licked Callie in what was obviously a kiss. Callie did the same back. "Looks like our dogs are in love. I'll let Dean visit every other day." Hotch said from the door. "I'll think about letting Callie visit when she's better." Gibbs said, but everyone knew he already would. Callie wasn't just his dog, his partner. She became a daughter, a best friend.

A/N: another short chapter, but oh well. How was it? Is Dean and Callie moving too fast? I just couldn't wait till they got together. Anyways, vote and/or comment. Love you guys 💞💞💞