-"Is it normal to want to kiss ur BFF"-

Soda was tossing towels and sunscreen and his hoodie into his duffel bag to go surfing with Gumball. He changed into his rainbow swim trunks because his bubble ones were dirty and he didn't wanna have to do laundry.

He slung his bag over his shoulder and closed his bedroom door.

The blunette dashed down the spiral staircase and into his mom's study to find her reading, "Hey Mom? I'm gonna go surfing with Gumball, I'll be back later". Sea fairy looked up from her page and set her book down on her lap as she turned towards her son, "ok have fun, be back before 7".

He quickly nodded and gave her a thumbs-up, making her smile. When he ran back up the stairs she looked at his shorts but shook it off as she thought nothing of it, he just liked bright colors.

---------

Soda saw the boy covered in paint and sprinted over to him. "Dude, you're STILL covered in paint? I thought you said you showered?" He giggled as Gumball gave him an unamused expression and opened his mouth. "I did, but my project was lookin at me from across my room and I couldn't help it" the shorter whined.

Soda readjusted his grip on his popsicle-shaped board, "well come on, the waves might leave soon, I'll race ya there!" He took off with a head start, "HEY, no fair!" Gumball laughed and ran after him.

They ran down to the shore, Soda beat him and rubbed it in his face. They set up their spot in a random area and took off into the water. The beach wasn't packed so they didn't have to worry about other cookies snooping through their things.

They swam out and climbed onto the big board. Gumball was still learning but Soda was happy to help him. Soda gracefully stood up and grabbed onto the other's forearms, gently pulling him up so they wouldn't topple over.

Once situated they saw a wave right behind them and Soda set his hands on Gumball's waist to steady him. The pinkette blushed, why was he nervous all of the sudden? They cuddle all the time, so why was this getting to him? He shook off the feeling when Soda noticed and grinned.

The boys surfed in the ocean for what seemed like hours. They kept pushing each other into the water and messing around. They might have only ridden like 5 waves without pushing each other in, but it didn't matter. They were having a wonderful time.

The two boys were dragging the board back to shore, still laughing and tripping through the water. Tossing the board aside, they dried off, laying the towels back out after they were done.

Gumball flopped back onto his neon coloured towel. Soda laid across his stomach, practically crushing his shorter friend.

"AAH, you're cRuShinG mee" Soda snickered at him and sat up, pulling the other with him into a hug. Gumball huffed and leaned into it, shivering slightly as a breeze came by. The sun was starting to set causing the temperature to cool.

"Dude, are you cold?" Soda asked amused. Gumball grumbled, his body ran at a lower temperature than Soda's did and the breeze wasn't helping. He nodded as the taller one unwrapped his arms from around him and rummaged through his duffel bag.

He pulled out his blue hoodie and tossed it in Gumball's lap. The pinkette grabbed the oversized piece of clothing and slid it over his head, getting it caught on his rats nest. Soda just chuckled and helped him pull it over so he wouldn't suffocate.

Gumball readjusted it and grabbed his hoodie out of his bag making Soda huff. "I just wanted yours" he smiled annoyingly and gave the hoodie to his unamused friend. Soda snatched it from his hands, putting it on even if he wasn't cold at the moment.