Surprise

Hermione was late. She and her overthinking had made her late. She was dwelling over whether it was a decision to attend this funeral or not. However, since she had made a commitment, she was going through with it.

As she reached the entrance of the boat the guard greeted her. "Ms.Granger it is a pleasure to meet you. Your family is already on board and in line to get checked in. Would you like me to take your bags to your room?" he asked her nicely.

She nodded and straightened up and headed towards the check in. She missed the rustic look of the boat, which reminded her of the gryffindor common room. In the front there was a mahogany table with her family lined up.

Her parents caught her eyes first. Her mum had curled her short brown hair and was wearing a dark purple dress which brought out her blue eyes. Her father was in a t-shirt white and jeans. She loved and missed her parents dearly and went forward to hug them, when she was abruptly stopped by a woman her age, trying to shake her hand.

"Hi, My name is Maria Granger. A top model in Multicrofors, an upcoming fashion firm, but I would gladly be a model in your massive company ma'am"

Hermione observed her cousin. The woman was a bit taller than her, a bit slimmer. She had short straight brown hair, with perfect brown shaped eyes and perfect nose and perfect lips and perfect teeths. Hermione wondered how much of it was artificial since the girl she remembered had one the perfect hair eyes shape.

Hermione raised her eyebrow. Did she really not recognise her? Hermione decided to take advantage of the situation.

"Oh but darling" she spoke, imitating Narcissa (she may not have been a Malfoy, but Narcissa still kept in touch with her) "Why would you want to leave a prestigious company like that?"

"Well for several reasons actually. The main being there is no competition there. I think I may be useful somewhere else."

"Well then, welcome to our firm" Hermione replied, rejecting the handshake "It's called the lying front."

As Maria looked appalled Hermione continued "And guess what?" She asked rhetorically, "We are looking for a new top model. Care to join them Maria?"

Maria was about to speak back, when her other two cousins made their appearance. "Hi there. I'm Aubery and this is Michelle Granger. We are the top models at Multicrofors."

Aubrey had red hair and blue eyes courtesy of her mum, and Michelle has raven black hair and black eyes.

"Really?" Hermione asked "Well then you might want to join Maria here on her expenditure into the firm called Lying Front"

She then turned to Maria and said "Maria dear, why don't you fill them up with the position details while I say hello to my mum and dad."

Hermione finally escapes to hug parents. The mean girls trio let out an audible gasp "Herms?" they say, Hermione inwardly cringing at the nickname as bad memories roll in her mind.

"In the flesh she says" appearing as if nothing happened.

"Oh is that all you brought with you? Broke are you?" Maria sarcastically sympathizes, trying to hide her jealousy. Hermione was wearing a beautiful white business suit, which was anything less than all their clothes combined - And showed enough cleavage to be labeled as sexy but not so much that they can call her any other names - while Maria wore a tight strapless black dress, which ended one inch after covering her butt and showing cleavage to be called down to audition as a dancer at the strip bar.

"No my bags are being taken to my room"

"How dare you call us liars? Eh? Didn't bother to show up for the last few granger reunions and now you have the audacity to call us liars?" Maria barked, regaining her attitude.

"Actually yes," Hermione said, smirking. "You see, while you were lying your asses out all this time, I was building an empire. I run a quiet little company called Multicrofers? Perhaps you heard of it? It's only in the top 5 companies of fashion" and then chuckled to herself about the thing "Oh who am I kidding of course you've heard of it. You were lying to be the top models in my company."

The trio turned red when they had been caught but Maria had more to her sleeves than just a job. Maria was cut off from humiliating her by her mum, who just had the same thing on her mind. "Well dear you are reaching your mid twenty and you're still not married? My daughter is engaged to Draco Malfoy"

Maria blushed and looked down and Hermione and her parents were shocked. For some weird reason she believed it. Before she could say anything a staff member interrupted her. "Ms. Granger?" she asked

Both Maria and Hermione replied "yes?"

"Sorry for the confusion. I mean Ms. Hermione Granger? I wanted to welcome you back aboard Spellbound. I'm Kelly. Ms. Luna has told us that she will be joining with Mr.Nott, and the Zabinis on our next stop for quote unquote support and surprise. Also I'm glad to inform that your suit has been made ready."

"Suit?" Maria asked

"Yes, for Ms.Granger"

"Even I want a suit. How about you arrange that for us?" Maria demanded.

"Um.. I'm sorry ma'am I can't"

"And why not? You can get the beaver a suit but me? Don't you know who I am. I am Draco Malfoy's fiance. You really want to anger him?" yelling at Kelly.

"Well-"

"Enough!" Hermione yelled.

"Kelly, I apologize for her behavior, please inform Luna and the others that I can't wait to see them. And also can you arrange something for my parents?" She whispered the last part. Kelly nodded and scurried away.

"You have no right to speak to her that way."

"Well I do. You see-"

"That you are engaged to Malfoy. How about you bring him here as proof and get a suit yourself. But under no circumstance are you allowed to talk to my staff members in such a way again. If you do, I'll be sure to tell the guard to drop you off to the nearest stop. Got it?"

The look on Hermione's face would even scare Voldemort at this point.

"Your staff members?" her aunt asked

"Why yes dear aunt. My staff members on my ship. I own this boat. It was actually a gift from Draco himself actually. He and I were quiet close"

"If Draco gave it to you, it means it belongs to me now."

"How so?"

"It's Draco's to begin with, and since I am engaged to him, it's mine!" she exclaimed.

"Why not bring him here and let him answer that. But until then, this is my boat, these are my staff and you would do well to treat them with the same decency that you would show your precious Draco. Got it?" smirking, she left.