The Selfish & The Selfless

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

I come up with random ideas when I am uninspired in regards to my main projects. So enjoy this random chapter.

WARNING: Islam is perfect, but Muslims are not. The behaviour may or may not reflect Islamic values, and please read this chapter while keeping this in mind. Even those who seem perfect make mistakes, as it's a human thing to do. 

This is set in Laiba & Fawad's university days.

****

London, England

Laiba Nafees

I tapped my pen against my open notebook, as I looked across the library.

He was buried in his books as usual, his locks of dark hair falling over his forehead. The way he frowned slightly as he made notes was adorably cute. 

I reached into my back and pulled out my vanity mirror to examine my reflection. I had naturally straight black hair, which I always wore open around my face, and I knew without doubt that I was beautiful. Why deny hard, cold facts?

 I got up and packed away my things, before slinging my bag over my shoulder and walking over to him. "It's only September. I'm sure you can afford to take a little break." 

Fawad Ali looked up and as soon as he saw me, he smiled.

I took a seat opposite him, glancing at the textbooks scattered around the table. "Why don't we go and have a coffee? I'm sure you already have all these memorised by heart anyway."

"I have a schedule. I need to stick to it." He shrugged apologetically. "In a couple of hours, I need to meet up with Arhaan and the team for cricket practice." 

"One cup of coffee won't do any harm." I reached forward and closed the book that he was making notes from. "I want to spend some time with you." 

He looked down at his book as if it was physically paining him to part from it, but then he nodded and stood up. 

I smiled, my heart beating faster at the prospect of spending some time alone with him. Ever since we'd met last year, I'd been falling harder and harder for him. 

He was incredibly worthy of love. Selfless, compassionate, caring and a little bit on the cheeky side, Fawad was the ideal guy. And the icing on the cake? He was so damn intelligent. He topped literally everything that he did. And needless to say, I was not the only girl in our year that was interested in him.

But he was interested in me. We were 'together', and I think we both were falling deeply in love with each other.

I couldn't wait to introduce him to my mother. I knew, just knew that she would like him. He was definitely the type of guy that parents would want for their daughter to marry. Not only was he an amazing person, but he was going to be a doctor! I wouldn't be surprised if his parents weren't already getting rishtas for him, but he was mine as I was his. 

And nothing or nobody could change that.

****