Crushes and Cuteness

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Please note that each story may be written in various timelines, and not necessarily in a correct order.

Also, till a certain point, Jasmina referred to Fariha as 'Fariha Appi'. She gave that up when she was older, as per Fariha's insistence. 

*

Jasmina's sixteenth birthday couldn't have come at a better time. There were no responsible adults around. And although, she was disappointed that she couldn't celebrate her birthday with her entire family, she saw the perfect opportunity.

Afreen and Asad Sheikh were away for an international medical conference in Islamabad. Normally, in these circumstances, she and Ahad would be looked after by Fatima and Ali Mansoor, but those two were also attending that conference. Arhaan and Fawad were in London, as they were completing their higher education there. Fariha would be the most responsible around, but since she was technically a fun person, she wouldn't be a problem.

"Ahad Bhai." Jasmina knocked lightly on her brother's door. He was sitting there typing on his laptop. He himself had just returned from London after completing his first year of university.

"What?" He looked irritated as he looked up at her.

"You know I love you, right?" She smiled, widening her eyes to look as innocent as possible.

"Stop doing my head in and get straight to the point." 

"Well, you know how it's my birthday, right?" She sat down on his bed, wrinkling her nose at the pile of dirty clothes just randomly lying in the middle of the floor. "I was thinking, that since it's just us, we can have a party?" 

He burst out laughing. "A party?! You're kidding, right? It took me ages to reassure Ammi and Papa that I can be responsible." 

She rolled her eyes. "We're not going to be having alcohol and trashing the place, bro. It's just a few friends and music. You can invite your reasonable friends as well."

"My reasonable friends? What the heck does that even mean?"

"Friends that you can introduce to your parents."

He looked thoughtful. "You know what? For the first time in your annoying existence, you actually said something that I agree with. Fine, let's have a party. But Fariha better not blab." 

"Fariha Appi won't tell anyone, because I'm inviting her as well." She stood up, grinning widely. "This is so exciting! I'm immediately going to start planning!" With a squeal, she ran out of the room. 

"Ya Allah, don't make me regret this decision, please." Ahad glanced up heavenwards. "I better call the fun police." He dialled Zafar's number, knowing that his best friend was sensible enough to control any chaotic situation.

Jasmina, meanwhile, had gone down to the kitchen to grab a packet of biscuits, and was now lying on her bed, laptop open and notebook out, planning a party to wow all her friends. 

This is going to be so much fun!

****

The house was packed with people, and Jasmina didn't recognise most of them. Ya Allah, how many people did Ahad Bhai invite?

She wore dark black jeans, a long red lace dress and her eyes were adorned with a smokey-eyed look. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she was grateful for it because it was getting hot in here with all these people around.