Meant To Be

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Okay, so this chapter isn't exactly comedy, but I always wanted to write this.

*

"Jasmina should marry Fawad." Arhaan announced to his parents over dinner one evening.

Just like that.

Jasmina was out watching a film with a group of friends, while Ahad was probably up to no good.

Arhaan was shocked to see that his parents didn't even look even a little bit surprised at the thought. It was almost as if they had considered it themselves.

"Hum soch hi rahe thay uska rishta pakka karne ka, before she goes to London." Asad Sheikh spoke, with a nod.

*"We were thinking of fixing her marriage."

"Fawad is mature, trustworthy and a genuinely good person, and we can all vouch for that." Arhaan said.

"Did he ask you to ask us?" Asad smiled.

"No." Arhaan cleared his throat. "He doesn't even know about this actually."

"And what if he doesn't want to?" Afreen looked worried.

"Ammi, we're not going to emotionally blackmail the guy or force him to marry her at gunpoint. This is just a suggestion."

Dr and Dr Sheikh exchanged a look, and they both believed that it was a good idea. Fawad would be a great influence on their sweet, but naive daughter. He would be an ideal match for her.

*

And so, began the secret planning, and the discussions with Fatima and Ali. Everyone was overjoyed by the idea. Fatima adored Jasmina, and Fawad was an ideal son-in-law for any Pakistani parent.

One day, when Fawad returned home, his parents were waiting for him with smiles that really concerned him. "Why are you grinning like killer clowns in a film?"

"We need to talk to you." Fatima said.

"O...kay." He looked uncertain. "What's going on?"

They took him into the living room and sat him down.

"We have thought about fixing your marriage." Fatima said.

"I..." Fawad began to argue.

"It will be in three to four years." Ali said calmly. "When you are a doctor officially."

"So, decide then. Why now?" Fawad looked puzzled.

"Because of the girl's situation. Her parents wants to confirm the marriage alliance now." His mother was beaming.

"Who's the girl?" Fawad asked, warily. If it was that Aisha Aunty's daughter, he would throw a fit. She was so frickin' annoying, with all the gossiping that she did.