Chapter 5 Santuary

Runa
____________________

We didn't know what to do at this point, Lylah was still out in the field and the people inside are not answering us who are cold and tired out here! Ugh this is why I hate people, they don't know how to help the people who are in need of help!

"Bastards, open up this god damn door and let us in you mother fuckers!" Aaron yelled out pissed that the gates are closed and locked.

"Wheres Lylah at?!" Daun asked in panic mode. I too was i panic mode as well, she was nowhere to be seen and she was supposed to be my responsibility to take care of.

"DAMN IT! WHY WON'T ANYINE ANSWER THE DAMN DOOR, YOU FUCKING PUSSY ASS MOTHER FUCKERS!" Aaron yelled at the top of his lungs at the gate, pissed off at this point.

"Quiet, please you'll draw out the monsters again!" We heard and turned our attention to the old wooden shack, there was an woman there plain as day peaking through the door and wavung us to come inside. We looked at eachother in confusion and walked in, while I held the shotgun to her head as a warning to her if she tried to do anything to us.

When we walked in we saw an old man laying against the wall with a wound on his side bleeding heavily while coughing out some blood too.

"Elana, what are you thinking?!" An old man said while he was bleeding out from the wound that was already infected.

"Father, they could help us with your injuries and-" Elana was interrupted by her old man saying. "We don't need any help, besides they are outsiders from our village."

"So what if we are outsiders, you guys need help and we are going to do just that." Daun said and dragged Aaron through the broken window to find an entrance or something out there.

"Can you help my father, please! I know he seems intimidating but he's not all that bad." Elana said with a pleading look in her eyes.

He seems to not trust me in the slightest, but honestly I don't care at this point. Whats the harm in trying to help the elderly?

I bent down to his level and took a good look at him, to me he looks like death is about to take his soul right out of my hands. Not this time, bitch.

"I got some stuff for the wounds, but it will feel like its being stabbed by a knife. But it will help with the infection, by that point he will have to be monitored by you since you are his daughter and related to him after all." I said as to try and make her understand what I'm trying to do here.

"Thank you, you are a life saver." Elana said as she clenched her hands together. "May Mother Miranda be upon us for the rest of our lives."

The was she said it tells me that the woman in the picture back at the church is some sort of goddess? What the hell kind of place is this?

"Pardon me if I'm speaking out of term but, who is this Miranda being that you just prayed upon?" I asked as kindly as possible while bandaged her old man up so that he won't die of blood lost, honestly had to keep my quench down a notch just so that I don't have to devour this man's blood, that would be the last thing that this girl wants on her mind.

"Shes the ruler over this village that has been protected by her for a hundred years with the four lords by her side, but they are terrible people to be associated with. I don't even know if I ever wanted to visit any of the lords, because of how they treat their guest like animals. But we must always worship them for protecting our village, otherwise we will have to pay the consequence of our imbselen selves." Elana said with sorrow in her eyes, I can tell that there's more to that.

But what the pictures that we saw next to Miranda's them? Those were the lords over this village, they seem too idiotic to even act like grown-ups except the woman that's in the pic.