chapter 35

Maddie pov

*Time skip to the evening*

"Shit!" Paige cursed. "We're out of milk,"
She added as she threw her hands up in the air out of frustration.
"I'll run to the store, " I offered. I pulled up the zip of my coat, slide on my combat boots and scurried out of the door.

It was cold- very cold. The type of cold were it makes your fingers numb, and you can see your breath in the air. I didn't feel secure or safe for some reason. I didn't know if it was because of the darkness of winter or the pandemonium of the capital city. It looked beautiful; lights filled the entire place at night. Suddenly, someone spined me around so I am facing them...

It was Nick.
"You shouldn't be out at night, princess," he whispered.
"Don't call me that!" I snapped.
He gripped my arm.
"Be careful of the way you talk to me!" He said through gritted teeth.
"I'm not afraid of you, Nick."

Out of nowhere, he clung onto my jacket and pushed me up against the wall. He harshly pressed his lips onto mine - I tried my hardest to pull him off of me, but he was too strong.

Eventually, he broke it off.
"But now you are," he whispered menacingly. He continued to walk. I just stood there, speechless.
"Well hurry up then!" He smiled as if nothing happened.
Usually, I wouldn't listen and just walk in a separate direction. However, there was something about him that forced me to obey his every word. I clambered doubtfully towards him.

I felt his freezing fingers interlock with mine. Immediately, I attempted to shake his hand off of mine, but his grip was too strong.

"You have to hold my hand, Madison." He insisted in a sarcastic tone. "We wouldn't want you getting hurt now, would we?"