Chapter 1 - Valerina Meets Elliot

I pick up my bag, my stationery, jacket from the table and start walking out of the classroom as the class ends. Damn it first day of school after christmas and I hate it already and damn Lizzy for not coming on the first day! Damn the weather too! It's really cold and I am literally wearing a coat on top of a jacket. "Today is my worst day!" I shout  as I walk through the empty corridors of the school.
I rush to the washroom to call up Lizzy and ask her what's the matter. HOLY SMOKE! I left the phone in the classroom! Such an irresponsible girl am I! I run back to the classroom and see this creepy man standing in the entrance holding my phone in his hands.
" Ma'am, does this belong to you? "
He gently asks me in a soft voice.

I'm awestruck, his eyes as blue as the ocean, his golden hair as he brushed his hands through them.

" Uhmm? " He asks. Again!

" Oh yeah! Uhmm..I'm sorry yes this belongs to me, I - I apologise, sir. "

Ugh! Damn my dumbness! But what can I even do when this mysterious man is standing right in front of me, staring right into my soul.

" Elliot Finn. I'm new here, don't worry, wasn't trying to steal your phone, miss?"

" Uhmm..I am Valerina Forbes. "

" Pleasure meeting you Miss. Forbes, but I'm sorry, I have to go, hoping we talk someday. ''

As he says this in his beautiful soft voice, he walks out of nowhere. Not giving me a chance to say a word. Well ofcourse, after looking at him who can even utter a word. Anyways, he was really mysterious, in his black jacket, nice shoes. Very polite, smart.

" Oh no! I have to rush! My music classes."

I run to my car outside and drive home fast. Still thinking about the mysterious so called Mr. Finn. I've never felt so awestruck before in my life after looking at a man, like I felt today after looking at him. I start increasing the volume of the radio to distract myself.

I reach home and find Lizzy, sitting on the couch, with a bag of chips, watching the Simpsons. This girl!

" Surprised? Guess what! I'm here for few months. Mom and Dad have left for New York. They'll be back in few months. Haha"

" Lizzy..aah ..you just scared me..I - I - was so worried... "

" Shut up sis haha. Now I'm hear and I am hungry. "

" Alright I'll make a sandwich. I'm hungry too "

I walk to the kitchen, grab the ingredients needed, and make the bread ready to be toasted.

" Hmm..DELICIOSO!! "

Lizzy just enters out of nowhere grabbing the sandwhich and taking it with her. Aaah! She can be really annoying sometimes but still she is really close to me. We have been friends since 1st grade and now we're still together in the 12th. That's alot of years of friendship, our bond is really strong now.

I have my sandwhich and rush for my music classes, which is right next to my house. There I go walking as I tell Lizzy to take care of the house.

      Music is really somethin about which I am hella passionate. It's been 10 years, I have been playing the piano and I am quite pro at it now haha.

       I reach my music class, after along time, since I was busy with christmas and my studies. I can smell the fresh paint of the walls. As I am looking at everything, lost in the beautiful paintings all around, I bang into this man.

" Miss. Forbes! You alright? "

  Omg, it's him! Damn my clumsiness! I reply with a nervous voice,

" Yes! I'm so sorry Mr. Finn. "

" It's alright Valerina. "

Aah! My adrenaline speeding and hitting me with power, I never got this kind of feeling. First time he said my name.

" You okay? "

" Yes! I- Uhmm..you are into music too? "

" I'm into alot of things, but just came to drop my sister here, she is learning the guitar. What about you? "

" Oh, I play the piano. ''

" Interesting, here take this. "

He gives me a slip with his number written on it.

" I knew you would be here. Anyways, text me when you're free. "

He walks out, again! Without letting me say a word. He is so arrogant! Now, he is expecting me to call him. Haha, I know these kind of creeps. Not calling him at all. Although seems to be a nice guy, but I am not interested.

   I am done with my music classes and I walk back home. I ring the bell and there, Lizzy opens the door with an excitement.

  " WE'RE GOING TO A PARTY!!!!!!"

What? No, I hate parties. I prefer staying home and watching t.v or sleeping. I'm more of a couch potato kind of girl.

" What? Who's party? When? Where? Why???"

I ask Lizzy and she stops me right there.

" Shoooo Valz!!! Aah! You're coming with me! Not an option. I have picked a really nice dress for you. You'll be amazed to see it. "

I go to my room with not wanting to do anything and see this beautiful dress. Omg! It's my mom's dress! Of the 60s. A beautiful period formal red dress. I miss my mom alot. I lost both my parents due to a fire, I survived but I never wanted to.
     I shout to Lizzy telling her to go to sleep. I go to her room and find she has already slept with the T.V switched on. I switch off the lights and the T.V, and cover her with a blanket.

         I lay on my bed thinking about the slip I received from the creep so called Mr. Elliot Finn. I really don't want to call him. I finally rest my eyes thinking about the party tomorrow.