The Mystery Stowaway

Here with a very different fluffy story! A kind of weird one. Ace's design was heavily inspired by Faputa from Made In Abyss manga. I recommend checking her out if you want an accurate visual. He has some changed features, like the fur, hands and tail, but otherwise is very similar to Faputa. She's so fucking cute when she isn't homicidal . I have all sorts of stories with this design cause I love it, but none are really working out but this one. Enjoy!

Edit: link to Ace drawing at bottom!

"This place kind of gives me the creeps," Thatch said as they walked through the forest, trying to find food they could bring with them since this island had no human settlements. And they found out why fairly quickly. Not because it was dangerous, not really, but because of what lived on this island, in the forests and mountains.

Very unsettling looking animals and insects. They were completely undefinable, the pirates having never seen creatures like this before. The insects were large, looked like massive, red mosquitoes, though they never approached the humans, and seemed to feed off tree sap. They saw multiple groups of them feeding off trees that they avoided.

Then there were the hairy ones that glowed, even in the light, lighting up the darker parts of the forest. Many had large, razor sharp teeth and they followed the pirates, though they hadn't given off any sense of aggression. Creepy they may be, they only seemed curious. There were some deer like ones, who had glowing spots as well.

Monkeys with six arms and spiked tails ran in the trees above their heads. Marco was perfectly calm, while Thatch and Haruta wanted to leave, even if they were the ones to suggest going there. The other pirates were on the beach, off of the ship but not in the forest full of creepy and unfamiliar beings.

One that looked like a horse with an ant eater's head walked right in front of them, not paying attention. They stopped to let it pass, Haruta and Thatch holding hands to comfort in the scary place. They were finding no food, but they had gone in quite a ways, so they needed to turn back. The only one who didn't want to was Marco, fascinated by everything.

Thatch screamed when a massive butterfly like creature landed on his shoulder. "Get it off, get it off!" Thatch screeched, but it left, flying away without anything bad happening. "Please, Marco, let's leave!" Haruta nodded in agreement. Marco sighed and caved, walked with them back through the interesting forest and onto the beach to go back to the ship.

They were leaving that day, since there was nothing there to stock up on and they hadn't found any trace of edible foods. No fruits or nuts or anything. Hopefully they had enough food to make it to the next island, but it wasn't for sure. When they reached the beach, Thatch and Haruta ran out and to Izo, crying about how creepy everything was.

Pops asked Marco if there was any food. He shook his head. There was nothing there that looked edible. He was asked what was in the forest. "Many things I don't think we'll see anywhere else. They were actually pretty interesting looking," he said lightly. He added that they scared Thatch and Haruta. Pops laughed, and pointed out to his sons they were the ones who wanted to go in.

They both frowned and said they hadn't known there were creepy monsters in there. "Did any of them harm you?" Izo asked, looking up from his book. Thatch mumbled a "No", and Marco chuckled.

He sensed things coming out of the sand below them, black and blue crab like creatures with large fangs. It bit Marco's ankle, and everyone went running to the ship when a large amount of them came out of the sand and moved to bite ankles. So, they all got back on the ship, Marco collecting everything since he was unharmed, and got ready to depart.