Final Conclusion

Teach was clearly confident in his skill and ability to triumph over the Whitebeard pirates. Why? Because he didn't run. He burned down the city of another one of their protected island and sat on a chair in the ash. It was like he was trying to piss everybody off. To really provoke them, even in the moment.

The crew were evacuating the injured islanders onto the Moby Dick to get away from whatever battle may ensue. Marco was on the ship when this started, as they landed at the back, and only found Teach mocking them once venturing in land, which he was just waiting for. But Marco was on the ship when it mattered most.

He was the only one in that area that had superb observation haki. So, he sensed the strong man get on, who also happened to be invisible. He grabbed them by the hair and threw them into the water below. As they were clearly a devil fruit user. The man, a rough looking guy, became visible once he hit the water.

Marco looked down at him. "You one of Teach's cronies?" he asked coldly. The man stood up and glared at him. Marco was there immediately and snapped his neck, tossing him down. He shouted for the citizens to hurry, and soon the ship was boarded. Ace was kept safely inside, hidden under Marco's bed, which was surrounded by many pillows and blankets so nobody could get him, could see him.

The ship sailed away while the commanders besides Izo saw it off, making sure nothing abnormal happened to it. Izo was the weakest one against Teach. He only worked with his guns, had no real brute strength like some of the larger members with guns. So he was guarding their ship full of innocent islanders. Men, women and children. They were the Whitebeards' responsibility once they raised that flag of protection on their island.

The fourteen of them and Pops walked to where they easily sensed Teach. He was sitting on a chair in the middle of the remains of a home. He had to have done this part on purpose: his chair was right next to a torn apart and burnt teddy bear. It angered all of them, but they kept their cool.

Thatch smirked when Teach saw him and looked shocked. "Thought you could get rid of me that easily?" he challenged. Teach wasn't looking so cocky anymore, now he was angry and on guard. His betrayal didn't actually kill anybody. It left no casualties besides making Ace ill for a bit. Nobody died.

"I was wondering why nobody came after me," he said in a growl.

Marco said, "You weren't worth the time or effort then. We had other things to do." Pops was staying silent and stoic, never breaking eye contact. "Now where's your crew of convicted felons? I hope it isn't only the guy who can turn invisible, because his neck is broken and he is drifting to the bottom of the sea."

Teach looked enraged and truly shocked. Must have been a stronger member of his new crew. Well, Marco took care of him easily. They then sensed presences coming out of hiding. They had all hidden theirs okay enough to not be glaringly obvious, but they weren't completely hidden from haki.

The invisible guy clearly thought he could get on the ship with only his devil fruit. Fool. Dead fool. Pops had still said nothing before he sighed, sounding disappointed and unimpressed, which infuriated Teach. This was clearly not going the way he'd wanted it to. "Take care of the others, my sons."

"Aye!" the commanders shouted and dispersed to battle the others. Marco was staying with Pops for back up in case he needed it. Teach was grinning at him wickedly. Marco was sure he thought he was dealing with an elderly man with a failing body. To him, Pops should have gotten worse, not better. It was really lucky Teach hadn't known about Ace's blessing or they'd be screwed and Ace possibly dead.

The island may be destroyed in the fight, which was why they evacuated, but Pops knew his sons were there, too, so he would do as little damage as he was able. Teach rushed forward at Pops, who didn't even move his bisento, he used one fist and slammed it into Teach's face. He hadn't even used haki or his devil fruit. He knew the enemy devil fruit would nullify its affect, and he felt it would be embarrassing to use his power and not have it work. But it angered Teach, and he brought out his guns.