A Happy Time

Very short chapter this time, but I couldn't resist a cliffhanger. Mwahaha.

Ace walked over to Whitebeard, puffing up slightly at the three princes that didn't look like the mermaids or female fishmen he'd seen so far. "Don't worry, these people are our friends and allies."

"The ones we come for help?" Pops nodded. "Oh," Ace said simply and relaxed, the puffed up fur flattening. Marco knew Ace was indeed strange to them. Usually animals couldn't speak, and Ace really didn't look like an animal, being partially human in some spots. Neptune awkwardly but politely asked who Ace might be.

Thatch introduced him. "This is Ace, a faupta who ate the human human zoan fruit."

"Fowpta?"

"Faupta. He stowed away on our ship and ate a lot of our food. But he wanted to stay, and we were happy to oblige," Thatch explained. Shirahoshi was attempting to hide from him, even though she looked very curious.

"Did you know that these sea shells tasted good?" Marco asked, trying to make the situation a bit less awkward. She shook her head, and Ace looked concerned about others knowing they tasted good. "I'm sure there's enough for your sprinkles, Ace." Pops chuckled, and Ace walked into his lap and sat on his knee. He was content to sit and watch. The royal kids were looking at him curiously, but he didn't take offense, thankfully.

The Whitebeards were pledged to help rebuild the city. Ace perked up at this, excited to be able to explore more. There were many damaged areas from the pirates going crazy, attacking and looting buildings and shops.

"We will take the Fishman District under us, no longer excluding them," Neptune promised. Whitebeard nodded, thinking that was a good idea. Ace fell asleep eventually. Pirates started to gather, all of the former enemies taken care of. Those who had taken the pills were feeling ill, but had not aged fifty years from it as a side effect.

Pops stood up after gently picking Ace up into one hand. "Why don't we get the ship docked properly? Move it inland," he said. The pirates nodded, and they all went to the Moby Dick to dock it properly in the right place. Not lingering in the entrance to the island. Ace was still sleeping in Pops' hand as they moved the ship.

Marco could tell everybody felt one hundred times better than they did before the fight, besides those with broken bones. Once the ship was in its proper place, the commanders were heading to the palace before the feast was brought down. That was easier because getting 1,600 people up to the royal bubble would be time consuming, and all of them would not fit in the main room.

So, the feast was going to be at the ship. The sea king dishes made were worth the wait. Marco asked if Ace could come up with the commanders as well, and he wasn't surprised when Pops said that was fine.

When the gondola eel came, they all got on board, being a bit cramped. Thatch woke Ace up to watch the ground get smaller and further away. But he didn't like the heights and hid his face with his hands. "Don't worry, we're almost there," Thatch soothed. Ace kept his face covered until they were at the palace and accepted into the second bubble.

"We're here," Marco said, and Ace cautiously peeked through his claws. He let out a sigh of relief and stood up. They got off of the eel, out of the stuffy space, and made their way to the palace. They needed bubbles besides Namur. Ace was on Pops' shoulder in his bubble because they were worried Ace's claws might accidentally pop his own bubble.

He was in awe at the palace, saying it looked shiny and pretty. Neptune thanked him as a compliment. Ace was busy looking around, wanting to explore the area, but not wanting to go off on his own. When they entered the palace, it was filled with air, so they didn't need the bubbles anymore.