Chapter 13

The next couple of days were quite busy, and apart from at school, the two didn't get chance to spend any time together. They shared a kiss here and there when they could, but other than that, it was just texts and phone calls after work.

On Wednesday, the two men had met with Lindsey in her classroom to discuss the plans for the school trip. The atmosphere was cool to begin with, but after a short while, they just got on with it and made some good progress. They had decided which hotel to book, and began to devise a timetable of events and trips. The pleasant Lindsey that Gerard had first met, and that was almost best friends with Frank, finally began to re-emerge.

Gerard was relieved that the awkwardness of the situation had lessened, and he allowed himself to actually look forward to the trip.

Frank had a gig on Thursday night, and spent most of Wednesday dropping hints to Gerard about it in the hope that he would go and watch. Of course, he couldn't wait to and was now stood eagerly with his brother, Mikey, who had come home for a short while and had joined him tonight.

The two watched on in awe at the bundle of energy that was Frank. No wonder the kids at school loved him. He really was the epitome of cool and Gerard couldn't keep the smile off his face as he watched him thrash about on stage.

After the show, the brothers headed backstage, where Frank nervously awaited. He was nervous of what Gerard had thought of his performance, but he was more anxious about what his legendary little brother would think of him.

"Gee!" Frank shouted as he spotted the two men looking around for him.

"Frank!" Gerard beamed back. "Oh my God, you were amazing."

"Nah. You don't have to say that" Frank coyly replied.

"Seriously, man" Mikey chipped in. "You were all great. I'm Mikey by the way."

He held out his hand to Frank, who quickly wiped the sweat from the palm of his hand, and firmly shook Mikey's in response.

"It's nice to meet you Mikey" he said earnestly. "I have seriously heard so much about you. All good."

Mikey rolled his eyes. "Yeah. My big brother does tend to big me up a fair bit. Honestly, Gerard, it's sets people's expectations of me far too high."

"What can I say?" Gerard squeezed his brother up against his side. "I love ya."

Frank toweled himself dry a little and changed his shirt, before the three of them met up with the other guys in the local bar. They all got along so well, and after less than an hour, Frank felt like he had known Mikey forever. Leaving the bar, Frank asked if Gerard wanted to stay at his tonight.

"I can't Frank. I'm driving Mikey back to Mom and Dad's."

"Hey you don't need to do that" Mikey interrupted. "I can take your car and pick you up from Frank's tomorrow. That's cool with me."

Gerard agreed and they all headed out to the parking lot.

"Drive carefully Mikey!" the ever overprotective big brother instructed.

"I will Gee" Mikey laughed. "Now fuck off will you."

As they got to Frank's house, he went to take a shower. He looked really sexy to Gerard when he had first got off stage and was glistening, but if he was being honest, now the sweat had dried and his hair was matted, he just looked kind of gross.

Gerard was in Frank's room looking for an old t-shirt and some sweat pants to get comfortable in (as per Frank's orders), when Frank entered wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. He no longer looked even slightly gross. Gerard couldn't turn his gaze away from him. His multitude of tattoos on display across his tanned, damp skin; the tiny droplets of water gracing his face; his hair freshly washed and combed back. He looked absolutely stunning and Gerard had to force his mouth closed when he realized he was practically drooling.