Chapter 8

Barrow sat gracefully in a chair, facing the dragon lord, who was seated on the bed's edge alongside his twin brother in her adult human form.

He cast a cautious gaze towards the dragon lord, flicking over the pages of the book in the process. For the first time in their lives, they witnessed a once-in-a-lifetime event: the dragon lord was still alive and not sealed in the castle. That's why he was startled when a woman appeared out of nowhere and chased him down.

It is one thing to have the red dragon egg alive in their previous worlds, but the dragon lord being alive is another thing.

If it's the God of Death's fault once more, the next time they have the chance to ascend, he'll really beat him up. He's already wary of the God of Death assisting the fanatical Choi Han in getting into their current world.

"Your twin brother seemed to have a soft spot for my youngest child," Sheritt observed, perplexed. She's been watching at the sleeping redhead, who is clutching his youngest child's egg as if it were a precious thing.

The other woman got a snort from Barrow. His Cale's twin brother, of course, is fond of the black dragon; otherwise, why would Cale have beat his alternate self to death with a paper fan in their previous lifetimes before his other self could even grab the eggs?

The memory still sends shivers up to his spine.

Sheritt looked at him with a raised eyebrow, awaiting a response.

"My twin brother wanted to raise it, so he's taking good care of the egg," Barrow said, looking her in the eyes as if he was telling the truth. He has a strong suspicion that the woman is aware that he and his twin brother are old beings who have lived for over a thousand years.

Barrow and Cale might as well bury themselves in a nearby graveyard if Sheritt confirms her theory that they've been regressing, reincarnating, and being tossed into random worlds. In a sense, they're fucked.

"Is it something to do with your reincarnation?" Sheritt murmured, her eyes darting up and down, as though examining Barrow.

Welp, they're fucked.

"Reincarnation is not something I believe in," Barrow stated calmly, he's already dealing with so many bullshits and the dragon lord keeps on throwing him questions that Cale can answer better than him.

"But it is quite possible, don't you think?" She can tell he's lying, but she won't press him anymore if he's so determined to protect their secret.

She can tell the man in front of her is entirely human just by looking at him; the twins' bodies may have a lingering scent of various Gods, but she knows they're fully human. Other than reincarnation, what else can they do to outlive the dragons? Unless they're Gods masquerading as humans?

"Are you two immortal beings then?"