Kicked Out & A New Home

Harry's POV

Today was my 8th birthday, not that I would get a mountain of presents like Dudley it was the same as any day, I woke up, made breakfast, and then the weird stuff started; uncle Vernon said I had to pack my things, which was weird but I complied packing my small amount of possessions, including Moonstone which I hid under my shirt and got ready to leave where ever we where going to go, maybe somewhere fun for once? it was better to not get my hopes up though I had learned then you just get more disappointed when what you wanted doesn't happen, then I realized... no one else had packed.

So thinking fast I grabbed anything that could help me if my suspicions where correct. Loads of food while uncle Vernon went to the bathroom, as well as a flashlight a blanket and a tent, (let's pretend that I didn't run and get my school books to study) My bag was kind of endless it fit everything!!! probably just my magic acting up though, I grabbed a few more things and was ready to go. 

Then uncle Vernon told me it was time to go, what I didn't expect was for him to slap me a few times a grab Moonstone out of my shirt, then told me I couldn't take her. They new about her existence of course, I wasn't allowed to have secrets, I would be in big trouble if anyone found out about my magic.

My suspicions where correct and he roughly pushed me out of the house and yelled "you better not come back! we have a nanny coming and have had enough of you. It still hurt though i mean they where still family.

It was early though 6am I was surprised that uncle Vernon would wake up at this hour just to kick me out. So I wandered around lost in thought until a while later I realized that I was in the middle of the forest, I sat down since I was tired from walking so much and wondered what time it was. Out of no where numbers appeared and formed a time, WHAT!!! it was 7:30! there was no way I was that lost in thought... was there?

I was a little hungry since I wasn't allowed to have breakfast until I had done all my morning chores which I usually finished around 10am but I supposed since I was kicked out I could eat when ever I wanted which was kinda cool I guess.

I decided to set up a small camp in a tree, so I carefully climbed a random tree, I thought my small bag would be a little heavier because I had stuck so many things inside of it, but it weighed practically nothing that was really cool, magic was amazing.

I got to a fairly high spot with a nice cocoon sorta thing

So like that but a lot bigger a lot lot bigger and imagine Harry in it not a squirrel

and put my blanket down, hopefully it wasn't home to some mutant squirrel or something, I spent the next few days studying with the school books a had brought and eating the food I had, I had taken a water bottle with me as well but I had to be careful how much I drank and how much I ate to try and save the most amount of water and food.

On the fourth day, at least I think the fourth day I had run out of water and went to go find some, that's when I realized I was lost, my only landmark being my new home. I walked around using my photographic memory to remember the way. If only I had payed attention when I walked into the woods!!! I would know my way out!!!

I have no idea how photographic memory works, do you have to want to memorize what you're looking at, or do you just memorize? what if you're not paying attention do you still remember? HELP

Are my chapters long enough?