Secrets

"It's okay.." "It's okay.." Darius whispered to the Velociraptor, who clearly didn't think the situation was okay.

"Darius, it's clearly not okay.." I bit back over my shoulder, my eyes not leaving the dinosaur for a second. "Kenji, those bones... Check for a raptor skull." Darius said, pointing to the small pile of bones behind us.

"What..?" Kenji stammered with his back pressed up against the gate as if he were trying to phase through it. "In the videogame, I-" Darius quipped back. "You wanna talk about video-games, now?" Kenji asked, absolutely flabbergasted.

"Shut up, both of you, I need to think." I called back to the two of them. Darius and I were slowly walking backwards, at least until Darius tripped over the bones and fell on his ass. He quickly started to crawl backwards and pressed himself up against the gate along with Kenji.

With hesitation I reached for my lightsabers, which were still attached to my belt. I wrapped my hands around the familiar leather that made for the handles and pressed the small red buttons of both of them.

Four sparkling, yellow blades emerged from the emitters with a soft hissing sound. With this I managed to acquire the interest of the four reptiles before me. I slowly waved the blades around, the four followed along with their heads.

I smirked, at least until they got bored of the lights and started advancing again. The four started snapping and hissing amongst each other, as if planning an attack. which they did. One of the raptors, which was mainly green started to come at me from the left whilst another brown one was trying to go to the right.

I took note of the both of them and focussed back on the blue one. There was another with a teal-ish colour behind the blue one. The two in front were forcing me back, with the two on the sides closing in too.

"Let us out!" Kenji yelled whilst slamming on the gates. "That ain't gonna save us, Kenji." I muttered whilst backing up towards the steal barred gate behind me. The blue one started hissing slightly. The two on the sides started doing the same. I started counting.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

"Zero."

At zero I rolled back, the three dinosaurs jumped, just as I predicted and thudded into one another. Whilst they recovered from their headbutt session, which they should really leave to the Stygimoloch's, they large spotlights around the pen started flashing on and bathing everything into a bright white light.

The four dinosaurs were blinded by the lights and took their time adjusting to it. "Hey!" Roxie's voice came from the upper catwalks. "Come and get it!" She yelled whilst large slabs of meat were being dropped into the enclosure.

I took this as the moment to shut off and put my lightsabers back on my belt. Why did I even grab them, a precaution? I guess.

Three out of four weren't going to whine about the easy meal and rushed off to get their share. The grey one with the blue stripes along it's body didn't. It stared me down with a look of hatred, anger, intention to kill. But what else would you expect from nature's perfect killing machine.

"get out of there!" Roxie yelled at me from above.

With a loud blaring sound the steel gate started closing, with a screech the velociraptor charged right for me. The outer gate slowly opened, I slowly started walking backwards, I read somewhere to never turn your back on a Velociraptor, on any dinosaur, basically.

With last dodge backwards and a loud bang the Velociraptor experience came to and end. She stared at me through the gate, with the same killing intent as before. I turned around to face Kenji and Darius, who were standing with Dave, who was throwing up heavily.