Happy Birthday, Eddie!

Our little group of seven trekked through the dense and hot Nublar jungle. It was hot, hence why I didn't put on the grey hoodie I managed to save from camp debris a little earlier.

I had it tied around my waist, but even then it was still very hot. Ben kept falling behind, Kenji as well. Yaz was still keeping up pretty good, it even seemed as if we weren't going fast enough for her.

I sighed tiredly and stopped. The buzzing of flies and mosquitos was evident and annoying the fuck out of me. I swatted a few away and hit myself on the arm to kill one. "Fucking mosquitos.."

I looked back to see Ben put some sanitiser on his arms. "Come on Ben, stop that and keep up." I said, he nodded shyly.

"Ahhhh!" Ben yelled out suddenly. Everyone spun around with the exact same reaction, luckily it quickly died down.

Ben rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Sorry... stepped on a twig." He said with a terrified yet innocent smile. "Ugh. Come on, man!" Yaz countered irritably.

Sammy sighed. "You done gave me a heart attack." She said, she was getting all southern, and yet here I am trying my best not to be.

Kenji pointed at Ben. "I should step on you!" He said with an irritated frown. "Kenji, that's very gay.." I whispered to him. It only just dawned on him.

I turned back to Ben. "Watch where the fuck you step.. please.." I muttered. "It's okay Ben, we're all on edge." Darius reassured.

"And lost." Yaz added.

Sammy turned to Darius. "Yeah, we've been out here for awhile now. Darius, are you sure we're still headed to the park?"

"Well, we'd be sure if I still had my phone, because it has a gps, a compass app, and is also a phone!" Brooklynn started again. "No! We're done talking about this."

Yaz quickly stepped in between Brooklynn and Sammy. She grabbed Brooklynn by the shoulder and pushed her back. "Sammy didn't steal your phone!" She said sternly. "No one stole your phone! Can we please stop talking about the phone!"

"Enough, both of you!" I said sternly as I grabbed Brooklynn by the arm. "If you're gonna behave like a toddler I'm gonna treat you like one."

"Toddler?!" She yelled, very offended. "You're walking with me, wether you like it or not." She was going to protest. "And you'll be silent."

"I don't want to hear another word about that phone, from nobody!" I yelled. "Is that clear?"

"You guys, you guys, you guys... can you please yell at each other a little quieter, please?" Ben asked. Both Yaz and Brooklynn glared dagger at him.

"My fellow campers, chill!" Kenji said suddenly. "Kenji, not another word..." I threatened, but he kept going nonetheless.

"What we need here is someone who can make the hard call on what to do next. Since I'm obviously leadership material..." He continued, taking a place in front of Darius.

Brooklynn rolled her eyes at the boy, Yaz simply looked away. "We're gonna die with him in charge.." I muttered to myself.

"I'll do this!" He announced. "And my first decree as leader is... for everything to stop talking and just listen to Darius." He said, wrapping an arm around Darius' neck in bro fashion and pointing at the younger boy.

"Huh?" He asked, confused.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Kenji, doesn't that mean you basically give up your leadership position to Darius?" I asked him. He look dazed for a second before grabbing Darius and whispering something to him.