Preparations...

I started running through town trying to find Hinata
i passed the bakery then i remembered what hinata said on the mission
'my mother used to buy cinnamon rolls for me when i was sad, she always said that buying a persons favorite food was a sign of love'
I quickly picked some up and asked them to be put in a box that i placed at the bottom of the bag under her clothes

[Hinata pov]

'What do i do now?' 'he must hate me "he probably thinks its all my fault'' "what if he asked Tsunade to stop me from going on missions with him'' 'i wonder what tsunade wanted to ask him'
I Started hearing loud footsteps behind me i turned around expecting to see Kiba and Akamaru
Only to see Naruto's face inches from my own
He stepped back as he ran too fast to stop properly
I could feel my eyes closing and started falling down but i stopped
Naruto was holding me up by my Hand
"N-Naruto-kun?"
"*Pant* h-hey Hinata *pant*...Uh here..."
He was giving me a bag? I grabbed it so i could avoid seeming like i didn't want it
"Don't worry i already washed and dried them"
'Hmm washed and dried?' i thought
I looked in the bag, it was my mission clothes...along with my...underwear
"T-thank you N-Naruto-kun"
"Don't worry about it... its not like we're strangers"
I realised we were still holding hands and so did he, so he released his grip
He ran off giving me his iconic smile before he left

—-----

When i got home i set the bag naruto gave me on my bed
I sat next to it as I set all of my clothes out on my bed even my ...underwear
I dropped the bag on the floor then heard a thud
"Hmm?"
I re opened the bag to find a small box that was inside with a note on top
*Meet me at the training grounds in 3 days ^_^*
'Oh god why would he want to see me'
'I mean its naruto' 'hes so cool'
'He would never like someone like me'
I just decided to open the box and...
"Cinnamon rolls?!?"
'Wait did he remember what i said on the mission?'
'My mother used to buy cinnamon rolls for me when i was sad, she always said that buying a persons favorite food was a sign of love'

'What does all this mean?'

[Naruto Pov]

-back at naruto's apartment-

"I did it!"
i flopped onto my bed
"wait.........WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY TO HER!"
I decided to go meet Sakura

—-------

"Naruto?"
"Hey Sakura"
"What do you want Naruto, also...no Chan?"
"I need your help sakura"
"I am not! giving you ideas for new sexy jutsu!"
"N-no i really do need your help..."
"Oh god you're serious, come sit down ill make some tea"
"Yes...thank you Sakura..."
........
"Here."
"Thank you again Sakura"
Sakura's thoughts - 'something is definitely wrong, hes never normally this grateful'
"So whats up Naruto?"
"Uhm ... Sakura... h-have you been in love?"
"..."
"..."
"...Oh naruto ... you're a great person but you know i don't see you that way..."
"Heh?..ohhh... you hurt my heart sakura..." i said gripping my heart
"Im sorr-"
"Kidding" i looked back at her with mischievous eyes
"W-what?"
"Not with me just in general..."
"Ohhhhh... well yes naruto i have, why do you ask?"
"well ... h-how do you k-know if you're in l-love?"
"Naruto?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you like someone!?"
"H-HUH *Pfft* n-no... w-what *pfft* what ma-makes y-you *pfft* think t-that!"
"YOU DO! YOU TOTALLY LIKE SOMEONE!"
"N-NO!"
"YOU DO!!!"
"OKAY OKAY SHHH!......yes i do l-like someone"
"WHO IS IT!"
"Sakura please calm down"
"NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHO IT IS!" she said raising a fist at me
"Ill tell you if you calm down and answer my question first"
"Fine"
"umm ... could you also promise you wont hit me when i say"
"Ill try...now , to answer your question I'm going to need to ask you some, okay?"
"Of course"
"So how do you feel when you're with this person?"
"uhm ... i guess i get really nervous, they're so beautiful i cant do anything and i just freeze up... and my heart starts to beat really fast...it gets to a point where i cant breath "
"I understand"
"What should i do Sakura... am i in love?"
"I think you are naruto"
I looked over at sakura who was giving me an honest smile... she was happy for me
"I think i messed up sakura"
"OH lord, what happened?"
"Well we came back from a mission very late at night and i don't think either of us wanted to leave else we would be lonely...so i asked her if she wanted to sleep over at mine so we could report to tsunade in the morning..."
"I don't see a problem yet?"
"N-no it was all going good and we were having fun, we went shopping so she could buy some more clothes and then went home to eat dinner... when it was finally time to sleep i offered to sleep on the sofa but i guess she was being considerate because she said 'no its fine i don't mind'...i didn't think that she would want to sleep in the same bed as me though so i decided to just go to bed myself and allow her to decide if she wanted to sleep in the bed or on the sofa..."
"Naruto i don't see anything wrong?"
"Yeah yeah im getting to it... after i went to bed I heard her walk into the room then I fell asleep......I ended up dreaming about her though...that we were a couple...but when i woke up she was gone...i just thought that she had gone home already... i took my underwear off ... ya know so i was naked... then went to go grab some more from my washing basket in the living room"
"Perv... but wait so she had already left you're apartment?"
"I thought so...but when i turned back around i saw her sitting on the sofa passed out, I didn't know if that was because she slept there or she saw me and was so shocked that she passed out"
"Wait so did she see youre... youre t-thing"
"I didn't know and i didnt even know if she slept on the sofa so i ran back into my room and got changed before sitting down for like 5 minutes to think of what to do"
"And what did you do Naruto?"
"I decided to just go into the living room as i had heard the tv turn on so she was obviously awake... when i went in she was fairly normal... i mean she seemed nervous but that could have been because she slept over and was first awake i thought"
"Well how does that make sense?"
"Well if i walked  into your room with my thing out you would have a much bigger reaction than being a bit nervous right?"
"..."
"..."
"I guess that sounds fair"
"She made both of us some hot chocolate which tasted really good..."
"She sounds really kind naruto i can see why you like her"
"Yeah...well we sat down on the sofa to watch some tv and i decided to ask her when we should go to tsunade's office"
"and then?"
"And the she looked at me and just said 'im sorry i cant do it'...before running out of my apartment"
"This is quite a predicament you've put yourself into now Naruto"
"I knoooowwwwwwww..." i said as i slumped down over her table almost crying
"Well uhm... do you know if you'll have a chance to talk to her again"
"Myeah *sniff* i washed her clothes that she left at my home and put them in a bag that i gave to her after we reported the mission...oh yeah...I put a note in there to say to meet me in the training field in 3 days"
"Aww naruto thats actually kind of sweet"
"But what do i tell her nowwww?"
"YOU DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT!?"
"Nooo- i just felt like i would figure it out... but i have no clue what to say...help me Sakura!"
"Well y'know Naruto..."
"Hmm?"
"Why don't you just tell her how you feel?"
"Because there's no way she would like a guy like me"
"Well i'm sorry naruto but that's the only path from here on if you don't want her to hate you."
I just started groaning on the floor while rolling around and holding my guy
"Naruto..."
"..."
"Naruto!..."
"..."
"NARUTO!"
"W-what?"
"You didn't answer my question... who is it?"
"O-oh right"
I moved to the door and opened it ready to run
"But please don't laugh... i know i've got no chance with her but please just dont laugh at me or hit me if you're mad"
"I won't laugh but I can't promise i won't hit you ... but even worse, ill hit you even more if you don't tell me who it is already!." i could tell she wasn't lying
"Oh..fine.....its um....i-its"
"WHO?"
"H-Hi-Hinata..."
There was silence for a couple seconds as i was waiting for her reaction
"HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!"
"SAKURAAAA!!!... you promised you wouldn't laugh at me!..."
" im...not...laughing...at...you...Naruto!" she said in between laughs
"WELL YOU AND GRANNY TSUNADE HAD THE SAME REACTION SO WHAT IS IT?!?!?"
It took sakura 5 minutes to calm down but she finally did...with the occasional giggle coming through
"Ahhh Naruto-...You're so dense"
"Sakuraa...that's not helpful... what do i dooo?"
"Look Naruto..i stand by what i said...you just need to tell her how you feel...trust me...after you have done that ill tell you why i laughed"
"Okay then...Thank you.Sakura-chan" i started to walk out of the door and outside
"Wait naruto.."
"Hmm?"
"If you tell anyone else about this... you'll get the same reaction as me and 'granny Tsunade'...Good luck!" she said pulling her head back inside

—---

'Hmm am i really that dense?' i thought laying on my bed that night
"Why don't i understand why they laughed?"
.......
"Two days to go..."i said looking at my clock before i drifted away into a deep sleep

....thinking of Hinata...

—----

Hey thanks again for reading
I hope you're liking the story and if you are then please give it a like <3
next chapter should be out soon ^_^