13

Miguel and I went on our baseball date two days ago. Thankfully the Dodgers won by a single run, but a win is a win. My family flew in yesterday, and I practically cried seeing Kenny. This is Kenny's first time in California, and I want to make it as memorable as I can for her. So, later on tonight Miguel and I are going to take her to Golf-N-Stuff. As for now, we're walking around the mall just to kill time until Miguel tells me he's ready for us.

"See anything you like?" I asked Kenny, as she was scanning through the shirts. "No," She frowned, "Not really." I then looked around the store, to see if I could perhaps find something that'd catch her attention. Of course, I did. "Hey," I smiled, "How about we go look at some makeup?" Her face immediately lit up, "Oh my gosh, yes!" "Let's go!" I grabbed her hand in mine, and we made our way to Ulta Beauty; which was only across the way.

She adores eyeshadow, so those were going to be the first things we will look at. On an aisle in the front left of the corner, is where they had their newest eyeshadow pallets displayed. "Check out this one!" I handed over a pallet with a very vibrant variety of colors within it. "I love this one! It kind of reminds me of my unicorn one you got me." She smiled. "Oh yeah," I scoffed as the memory came back, "I forgot about that one." "It was so much better than the creepy doll mom bought me!" She laughed. "Yeah, that thing was a tad creepy." I joined in on her laughing.

We then continued looking through the eyeshadows and even made our way to lipsticks. Then I had received a message from my mom asking if I'd seen Kenny. I had told her that I have her, and we're in Ulta Beauty. Immediately her voice boomed, "Kendall? Kendall, where are you?" "We're over here." Kendall replied, as she peaked her head around the aisle. She then marched up to us, the sound of her heels clinking against the ground.

"Mom, I'm sorry that we worried you. I just—" "Lola, how could you?! What if something could have happened to her?!" She then crouched over to Kenny, examining her, "Baby, are you okay?!" "I'm fine, mom." "What? Mom, I'd never let anything happen to her! She's always safe with me, you know that." I defended. "How do I know that?" She immediately questioned. I sharply inhaled at her question, "Mom." "Well," She continued, "How do I? How do I know you're not trying to harm her?" My dad then approached us. "Dad," I looked to him, "Do you hear her?" He shrugged, "I didn't. I don't care to know what happened either, let's just go grab a bite, okay?" He then grabbed my mom and Kenny up to guide them out of the store.

I stood there so hurt. I was internally speechless. I should be used to this by now, but it still hurts me for whatever reason. Some days more than others, and today is one of those days it's killing me. I haven't seen Kenny in months, and I just wanted one moment with her. But, that's too much to ask for I suppose. I still had the items in hand, the ones that she liked. It was two pink lipsticks, one slightly darker than the other, and the vibrant eyeshadow palette. I sucked it all up, and decided to buy these for Kenny because she was completely gaga over them!

We were at my aunt's, finally, and Kenny has offered to do my makeup for the night. I couldn't deny her the pleasure, since I am the one who bought her the items. She was currently finishing up my eyeshadow, then there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" My aunt announced. I then heard the door open, followed with, "Miguel, hi!" "Hello, Mrs.Moskowitz." He greeted back. "Your girlfriend is currently getting her makeup done." She giggled. "Girlfriend?" My mom questioned, "Who's his girlfriend here?" "Miguel," I called without looking at him, "I thought you were going to text when you were outside? I wasn't expecting you to come in."

"I've been texting," He answered, "But now I see that you're at the spa and that's why you didn't reply." He chuckled. "Oh," My mom chimed, "You're dating Lola, hm?" "Yes, ma'am. I am, and you are?" "Christy." She answered. I mentally rolled my eyes, "She's my mom." "Oh, okay. Well, hello I'm Miguel," He introduced, "And I'm your daughter's boyfriend." "Oh, Lola scored herself a boyfriend, huh?" I heard my dad bud into the conversation. "Yeah," My mom replied, "He's the one who—" "Okay, Miguel we're ready!" I cut her off. I have no idea what she's about to say, and there's no way I'm about to stay long enough to let Miguel find out. I don't want her to release her poison into him so early.