16

We sat in the waiting room, Miguel's leg was bouncing up and down. I could tell he was extremely nervous. Finally Demetri's mom walked out. "What happened? Is everything okay?" Miguel asked, as he rose to his feet. "He's okay," She sighed, "His arm broke when he was out with his friends. I don't know what he did, but he asked me to call you and that's what I did." She then looked to me, "Hello, Lola." "Hello, ma'am." I greeted back. "Can I go back there?" Miguel asked.

"I'm sure you can. Just tell the front desk lady that you want to see him, they were just checking up on his to make sure his other bruises aren't anything serious." She informed. Miguel nodded his head then turned to me, "I'll be right back, okay?" "Okay." I replied. He then pecked my lips and began walking towards the front desk.

I rested my head against the wall, as my mind started racing. It's just a broken arm, so he isn't that bad. But if he just accidentally broke it, why would he ask Miguel to come here? And his mom mentioned other bruising? I sighed, then placed my face in the palm of my hands, releasing a deep sigh. What the hell is going on?!

"How've you been?" His mom asked me. I then slowly removed my face from my hands, "I'm okay. How're you?" "Good," She answered, "I've been better." "I understand that one." I gave a dry chuckle. "I didn't believe Demetri when he told me that you moved out here, y'know." She stated. "Really? Why's that?" I questioned. She shrugged, "I don't know. I just didn't want to believe that there might be another Eli on our hands."

I sighed as I bit the inside of my lip, "I'm not like him." "I know," She gave me a soft smile, "I'm sorry I just assumed. After Demetri told me everything that Eli's been doing, I just—.... I'm sorry." "No," I faced her, "I'm sorry. My cousin isn't the best person at the moment. Demetri has gotten the worst treatment out of everyone, and I'm sorry about that." "It's not your fault." Her eyes watered, and she smiled. Something I know she does to hide her tears.

All of a sudden, Miguel came walking really fast. His face had anger and hurt written all over it. "Miguel? Are you okay?" I asked. He just walked by me and exited the building. "Miguel!" I called out. I let out a sigh in frustration, turned to Demetri's mom saying, "Excuse me." I immediately rushed out of the building after him. "Miguel, stop ignoring me!" I hollered, "What's going on?" He sharply turned around, "Well I couldn't say any of this in front of his mom!" I stopped in my tracks, "What're you talking about? He just fell and broke his arm, right..?"

Miguel shook his head, "Your cousin and his piece of shit friends happened." "What?" I questioned. "They all started fighting, Cobra Kai against everyone that isn't them. Eli got Demetri in a bad position, and broke his arm." Miguel explained. My heart immediately stopped, "He did what?" "Yeah, make sure to tell Tory a personal 'thanks' for being apart of the peer pressure." He spat.

I stood there, my heart beat instantly racing at the news. "N-no, Tory wouldn't—.... I just seen—.... No.." I couldn't even figure out what the hell to say! What do you even say to that? He placed his hands in his hair, "I still can't believe this! I'm going to find Eli." "What?? Why?" I questioned. "He deserves what's coming to him." He growled. "Miguel, no," I grabbed his hands in mine, "I'm not going to let you do this. I'll handle this, okay?" "And risk him hurting you? No!" "He's not going to hurt me, Miguel. He may not like me, but I have a better chance of coming out untouched than you." I cooed.

He stood there silently, I know he doesn't like it at all. "Look, I've been doing some karate on my own too. If anything, I know I can handle him. After all," I smiled, "I did learn from the reigning all valley champion." He looked into my eyes, and let out a sigh, "I don't like this idea." "I'll call you as soon as things start getting heated, okay? I promise." I meant it too. "Brielle, I—" "Miguel, I'll be okay. I'll talk to Tory and Eli, tonight. I'll call you if anything." I repeated, just as sincerely as before.