House Of Fun-Chapter 1

Daisy woke up early, determined to not let May wake her up by banging pots and pans near her ears. She was 95% sure that she had some hearing loss from it. She quickly dressed in her morning yoga outfit, and headed towards the gym. She stumbled as she walked from her door. She still had to get used to Earth's gravity from being in space for so long. That meant Mack making her take rehabilitation. It's not like she was hurt. At least she was able to do it the same time as Kora and Daniel. But that didn't mean she stopped stumbling. She eventually got to the gym, she walked in to see May laying her mat down. Daisy took this to her advantage, stepping to the toes of her feet, sneaking up to May. As she stepped closer, she laughed mentally at her unsuspecting victim. But right as she was about to jump at her, May stepped aside, letting Daisy fall on her face with a surprised yelp. She flipped herself over, hearing May chuckle at her miscalculation. Daisy pouted, hoisting herself up on her knees.

"You're losing your touch. Guess you need practice. Danny Boy tire you out of it with his old-timey talk?" May laughed, holding out her hand. Daisy smiled smugly, hearing May use her nickname for Daniel.

"Guess I need my māmā to help me." Daisy said, graciously taking May's hand to stand up. They unrolled Daisy's mat and began their morning Tai Chi. Around 8:00, they finished, Daisy going to go change before she goes on her morning run. She's developed this routine since coming back to earth. She missed solid ground. As much as she loved Kora, and flying around space with her she would fall asleep at the hand at times, and send them hurtling towards random burning Nebulas.

Daisy stepped out of the Lighthouse, taking in a breath of fresh air. She drove to the Lincoln memorial, and parked a distance away. She was going to surely punch herself later for that decision, but for now she'd like to enjoy the nice breezy weather. She started her run around the reflection pool, putting one of her earbuds into her ears. Her goal today was to do at least three laps around. As she ran, she sensed someone coming up behind her. She heard running steps coming towards her, so she guessed it was another jogger.

"On your left." A deep voice said. She turned her head to see a tall, muscular man with cropped blonde hair run past her at an inhuman speed. She watched him, her eyes narrowed. He looked deeply familiar. Though his speed wasn't impressive. I mean, she did think of Yo-Yo as her sister after all. When she was halfway across the next side of the pool, she heard the footsteps again.

"Oh, not this time, hot stuff." She murmured to herself as she sped up, running at her full speed. But much to her disappointment, she heard the devastating "On your left." As he ran past her. She was so distracted that her legs stumbled against the gravity, making her trip and fall hard onto the rough pavement. Her yelp caught the attention of the mystery man, making him turn around in concern. He jogged over to her worriedly, holding a hand out.

"Are you okay? Did I trip you? I am so sorry-" "It's fine." She said, taking his hand and stood up. She looked quizzically at his blue eyes. Realization finally coming to her about his identity. Unmistakable from Coulson's prized trading cards. (Which Mack had framed for him, in remembrance of their former leader as he travelled. It's like Daisy told Joey all those years ago. Director Mackenzie is just a big cuddly teddy bear.)

"Steve Rogers!" She shouted in her realization. He nodded, his face having the slightest sign of annoyance. He probably got this all the time.

"Yeah." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry. You probably get that a lot. I just recognized you from Coulson's trading cards he showed me-"she clamped her hand over her mouth. Why did Daisy have such a big mouth? Coulson had given the whole team specific instructions that the Avengers were not allowed to know of his survival. Even him as an LMD. He looked at her, his eyes narrowed.

"What did you just say?" He asked. Daisy squeaked at the question. "Nothing!" She said, snapping her arms down to her side.

"I guess I gotta go now. Hehe. Okay, bye now." She said, about to run away. "He stopped her.

"Wait." She pressed her lips together, not liking the uncomfortable situation. Daisy knew she had plenty of talents, but breaking the ice was not one of them. But as she braved herself for a rough grilling from the Captain, his eyes softened and his lips formed a sympathetic smile. "You knew agent Coulson?" He asked softly. Daisy relaxed.

"Yeah." She said, playing along. "Before he..." she had her words fall off. She was certainly a good actor from her years on the field and in the rising tide. The Captain put his hands into his pockets, still looking sympathetic.

"So you're a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, huh? Were you close?" Daisy put on a pretend face, her heart pounding under the pressure.

"Yeah. He was like a father to me." She said, looking away, while silently praising herself for being so cool. It didn't last long though from what she said next. "It broke me and my friend's heart when his heart gave out." She immediately caught her mistake. Daisy was thinking of when he had actually died. Not when Steve Rogers thought he did. She turned abruptly to Steve, who was now glaring at her.

"What did you just say?" Daisy took a step back. She might have had her powers to defend her, but there was no way she could take on a super soldier by herself. Let alone THE Captain America.

"I-I U-uh, I meant-" He silenced her by raising his hand.

"Agent Phil Coulson was stabbed through the heart during the battle of New York." He said taking a step towards Daisy. She could tell this was a sensitive subject. "Why would you say heart failure?" He questioned. Daisy looked up to his tall face.

"I have a perfectly good explanation." She said, straightening up.

At that moment, she kicked him between the legs and ran for dear life.

———

And that's the first chapter! This is my first story, and I'm trying my best. Please let me know what you think, and have a wonderful rest of your day!