Sneak Peak

A/N- Hey y'all! I've been thinking about starting a Merlin story, but I need some motivation, and that comes in the form of support and comments. So I have the first part written and you all get to be my guinea pigs! Tell me what you think! :)

**********

Sister of Magic: Preview

PROLOGUE:

"Come Morgana," Balinor whispered to his daughter, "come meet Arthur."

The dark haired child peeked over the bed at the new baby prince and smiled. "He's so small," she whispered.

The king smiled warmly at the children. While Morgana was not his child, he cared for her just the same. He kneeled down and handed Arthur to Morgana, "Would you care to hold him?"

"Oh yes!" Morgana said, taking the small bundle.

"I am going to check on my wife," Uther told Balinor.

Hardly two minutes past, when the court physician, Gaius, came bustling out, grim worry on his face.

"What is it Gaius?" Balinor asked.

"You must leave," Gaius whispered, "The queen has died, and Uther is blaming magic. He speaks of hunting down anyone with magic and killing them all. He claims it is evil and corrupts all bearers. He will see no reason. I fear he will come after you, Balinor."

"Morgana," Balinor turned to his daughter, "Hand Arthur to Gaius, we must make haste."

"Why daddy?" Morgana asked, picking up on her father's urgency, "What's happen?"

"I will explain my child, but for now we must go."

Morgana nodded and passed the newborn to the physician, followed her father. She had to jog to keep up with his long strides, but she didn't complain.

"Grab your things," he said, opening their chambers, "quickly now."

In two minutes, the two were draped in cloaks and carried two small bags. Morgana held her stuffed stuffed wolf close to her chest as Balinor lifted her onto the horse. Settling behind his daughter, they took off.

Using magic to cover their tracks, Balinor deemed they were far enough away from Camelot to rest.

"Daddy, why did we have to leave?" Morgana asked softly.

Balinor gestured for her to sit in his lap, "Morgana, sweetheart, Yagraine died and Uther was very very angry and sad. He blames magic and you know daddy has Magic. It wasn't safe."

Morgana snuggled closer to her father, tears escaping. Though she was only just three, she understood very well what was happening. "Where will we go?"

"To Cendred's kingdom, darling. We should be safe there."

A day and a half later, they arrived in a small village on the outskirts of Cendred's kingdom. It was called Ealdor. When they were just inside the tree line, a woman came up to them.

"Who are you?" She inquired.

"I am Balinor, and this is my daughter Morgana."

"My name is Hunith," the woman said.

"We are looking for refuge," Balinor said, "do you know where we might find some?"

Hunith smiled warmly, "I do."

***** LINE BREAK *****

About half a year later, Balinor was forced to flee. Uther had hunted him down and Balinor would not put his daughter and his woman in danger. So he left Ealdor, leaving his little girl with Hunith who bared his second child, though neither knew at the time.

Not much later though, it was evident.

Nine months later, a little boy was born.

"Morgana," Hunith whispered, "come meet your little brother."

The little five year old crept up to the bed and smiled at the tiny bundle in her surrogate mother's arms.

"His name is Merlin," she said.

"Hi Merlin," Morgana whispered. She stroked the soft, dark tufts of the sleeping infant and felt something protective and warm stir inside of her. "Can I hold him?"

Hunith smiled and carefully handed Morgana her brother.

Morgana rocked him gently, humming a soft tune. "I'm going to protect you little brother. I promise."

***** LINE BREAK *****

However, Morgana was unable to keep her promise. The young girl was found by Uther, who insisted he take her back to Camelot to become his ward. Hunith kept Merlin hidden, fearing what Uther may do to her boy if found.

Morgana protested fervently. She did not want to leave her brother or the place she had come to call home. Hunith reluctantly agreed though, that she would have a much better life in Camelot than she would in Ealdor.

So Morgana went with Uther.

Before she left, she went to Merlin one more time.

Morgana placed her prized stuffed wolf in her brother's crib, "Hold onto this for me. OK Merlin? So you'll always have me with you. He can protect you while I'm away. I will see you again." She wiped the tears from her cheeks. "Bye little brother. For now."

**********

A/N- Aaaaaaaand there it is.